ealtdharkon
UG's (alleged) Crit God
250 IQ
This is just a short solo/interlude I wrote for my 6 strings fretless, tuned to BDGDGB =)

It's for my bassy solo project - http://www.myspace.com/robensemble

I'm mainly concerned with the structure here... but yeah, all opinions welcome, and c4c as usual.

Rob
Attachments:
Seas of Caladan.zip
Madzää
Failing at n00b language
1,550 IQ
It´s a nice solo you got there, maybe a little short. It was nice itself but there was this little thing missing. There´s just this main melody, and then Variations on the theme. That may be good for a bass solo, but nothing to entertain the listener. The listener needs more melodies. So try to expand this one some more, and reach the full potential of it. 7/10 for it now.

Crit mine? "Pinker than Floyd"
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Banned
820 IQ
yeah like the guy above me said it is a bit short but that could be easyily fixed over time but i dident like the funny time signitures just dident feel right, good tune but hey other people might like the funny timeing.
maybe if its going to be a recording then add some synths in to give it atmosphere or another bass for the rythem which isent there.
and change some of the note types around because there all the same maybe have some hammer-ons and pull offs, tapping or even slides

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947465

keep up the good work!
silhouettica
Plays Red Instruments.
1,566 IQ
I really like it. It has a bit of a ocean feel to it. Kinda reminded me of the John Myung solo song Solar Groove however, but that isn't a bad thing. I think this would go well with some delayed guitar layering under it, and maybe some melodic ambient noise in the background, maybe some ocean sounds or something?

Really, No problems as I can see. Crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947722
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
LucasGtrGod
Wishes he was Mahler
527 IQ
That was beautiful...my god...

I really love it, I wish it went for longer.
TMA-2
silly goose
1,358 IQ
i agree with the previous sentiments regarding its length. that could go places, i say.
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3
1,501 IQ
Quote by ealtdharkon
...oops...

???

someone wanna fill me in?
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Imperial Throg
..And your wee doggie too
1,275 IQ
That was really nice to listen to. I completely agree that it would be nice longer, it surprised me how short it was, but it was quality. Looks really hard to play at times.
Oh yeah from the title, if you got it from where i think- thats an awesome book!
Not really a proper crit, so no need to crit mines.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.