My Gear
Jackson RR5
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Marshall MG10 : Deaceased
Esp Ltd Ec-50
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop wah
Marshall Avt 50x
Do you want an EMG or a Blackout? Bevels, or pinstripe?

That's all there is to it really.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
You know, I've written enough replies to these threads that I'm just going to repeat what I've said essentially every time before...

Quote by Delanoir
They're both very good guitars, and quite similar. They're both made from the same types of wood (Maple neck, alder wings, ebony fretboard), are neck-thru in construction, have 24 frets, and a single bridge pickup.

The ESP LTD is close in quality (and price) to the Jackson RR24. However, the USA ESP Alexi is more expensive, and higher in quality due to the fact that it's an ESP and not an LTD. Jackson does indeed make great guitars, but the RR24 is a fairly standard quality guitar.

The differences lie in the fact that the USA Alexi's have a slightly different shape than the Jackson RR's, due to the copyright Jackson has on the shape in the States. They have different FR systems, where ESP has the advantage of an OFR. The RR24 has the EMG 81 while the Alexi has the Blackout, and that's a matter of personal preference.

Having played Several Jackson RR's of varying models, both made in and out of America, and even custom-shop guitars, I have a good idea of how they compare to ESP. They are both great, and you can't go wrong. I personally prefer ESP in nearly all aspects.

Cost is certainly a factor though, too. I highly suggest Edwards. They are better made than LTD, and often on par with a real ESP, while maintaining a much lower price.

EDIT: And as mentioned, slightly different paintjobs.
Last edited by Delanoir at Aug 30, 2008,
jackson is great alexi is great
some differences i noticed:
1. different pickups
2. jackson looks cooler...
3. alexi has a extra cutout for better fret access
4. jackson has a thinner neck for better playability
5. alexi had unfinished neck for speed.. (not playing speed but moving from one fret to the other, sliding)

i'd buy the jackson because i like emg's better and i think paintjob is nicer. i think the cutout is ugly.
i think RR24 black with green stripes is ****ing awesome if you can find that. theres red and yellow too.

i only think the pink alexi is cool... ive seen a green bevels one with gold floyd. looked cool too.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I was in the same situation you are about 6 weeks ago. I bought the Alexi because I personally think Blackouts are much better than EMG 81s, and I think they look cooler. The RR24 has a compound radius fingerboard, but the LTD has a painted neck, and I don't like either of those features. That's pretty much it. Also, I got my Alexi $400 off, so yeah...
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by apak
jackson is great alexi is great
some differences i noticed:
1. different pickups
2. jackson looks cooler...
3. alexi has a extra cutout for better fret access
4. jackson has a thinner neck for better playability
5. alexi had unfinished neck for speed.. (not playing speed but moving from one fret to the other, sliding)

i'd buy the jackson because i like emg's better and i think paintjob is nicer. i think the cutout is ugly.
i think RR24 black with green stripes is ****ing awesome if you can find that. theres red and yellow too.

i only think the pink alexi is cool... ive seen a green bevels one with gold floyd. looked cool too.

1. Yes
2. Opinion
3. Yes
4. Wrong
5. Wrong

They don't make RR24's with green stripes. The standard paintjobs are white with black bevels, or black with yellow or red. Same goes with the Alexi, green (for either) would have to be a custom. With the Alexi standard paintjobs are white with black stripes, black with yellow stripes, or the SE with black and pink stripes.
Last edited by Delanoir at Aug 30, 2008,
^he says he's seen one, not that they make one...for your information, its a Custom Shop 2007 ESP

I'd say get the Jackson.

Threadjacking: Your SV is sexy as hell Delanoir.
ಠ_ಠ
The shape and feel of the neck is completely different. Try both, decide what feels best for you. Personally I have jacksons and esps and I prefer the feel of the esp necks. The jackson feels flat and wide to me and the esp feels narrower and more rounded.
The Alexi has a natural satin finished neck, making playing much faster compared to the painted neck of the Jackson. Both are fairly thin necks. To me, the Alexi-600 felt as if the neck was a bit thinner than the RR24. Either way, I'd still go with the RR24 just because it looks a whole lot better than the Alexi.
Quote by Eric 666
^he says he's seen one, not that they make one...for your information, its a Custom Shop 2007 ESP

That's what I said. It'd have to be a custom.

Quote by DespisedIcon
I'd say get the Jackson.

Threadjacking: Your SV is sexy as hell Delanoir.

Why thank you, I love it.

Quote by steel337
The Alexi has a natural satin finished neck, making playing much faster compared to the painted neck of the Jackson. Both are fairly thin necks. To me, the Alexi-600 felt as if the neck was a bit thinner than the RR24. Either way, I'd still go with the RR24 just because it looks a whole lot better than the Alexi.

The LTD (the 600) has a painted neck, doesn't it? I thought only the ESP had the satin neck. And I think that the looks are a matter of opinion and personal taste.
Quote by steel337

Listen to this guy. His opinion is obviosly truth and because he like satin necks better they must be better*rollseyes*. Just try out both and see what u
you like better. The cutout kn the ESP doesn't provide extra feet access because the body starts lower on the neck than the Jackson. If it didn't have the cutout it would be like the original rr which had horrible fret access. Jackson fixed this by starting the body later than on the original giving it amazing fret access
to the above posts^

I own an Alexi 600, and it has a painted neck. Alexi's custom guitars and the ESP Alexi models don't have a painted neck.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
i'd try them both out and see which one suits you. Personally i'd wait to get a RR5fr instead of getting a rr24 or an esp/ltd alexi.
ESP LTD F-414FM
ESP LTD F-415FM
ESP LTD B5-E
Ibanez SRX355
Ibanez SRA505
Ibanez BTB775PB
SWR 750X
SWR Megoliath 8x10 Cab
Quote by Reds3031
to the above posts^

I own an Alexi 600, and it has a painted neck. Alexi's custom guitars and the ESP Alexi models don't have a painted neck.

I played an Alexi-600...the new one with blackouts. the neck was a natural finish and it was very comfortable.
OH YEHH and

does the rr24 yellow bevel come with reverse sharkys or is that a limited edition one?
Quote by metalhead887
tbh im not realli fussed about neck finishes

what gets chicks lol?

If that's what you're going for in guitar playing, then get an acoustic and play some power ballads.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
If that's what you're going for in guitar playing, then get an acoustic and play some power ballads.

lol

no thanks

rr24 for me i think

cheers for the help
Quote by Delanoir

They have different FR systems, where ESP has the advantage of an OFR.

So the ESP OFR is in what way better then the Jackson OFR?
They both have OFR's you know.

ot: in case you are interested in the LTD alexi, i'd definatly go for the Jackson, because the LTD is ugly as hell.
In case you are interested in the ESP alexi: then i'd take superiority above ugliness and choose for the ugly ESP. But the ESP is like 1000$ more expensive, dont forget that!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL

ot: in case you are interested in the LTD alexi, i'd definatly go for the Jackson, because the LTD is ugly as hell.
In case you are interested in the ESP alexi: then i'd take superiority above ugliness and choose for the ugly ESP. But the ESP is like 1000$ more expensive, dont forget that!

because looks are obviously more important than playability. maybe he doesn't like a jackson neck so he is obviously gonna get the ltd if he likes it better. TS don't ask us for suggestions, just go and play both and see what you like better nobody is really gonna care what you buy.
Quote by LP_CL

They do? My mistake.

For some reason I was under the (wrong) impression that RR24's had an LFR.
"lol lek get t3h jacksen becuase it hasd teh bestors looks"

"roflol satin>paint i lieks it better"

When you give advice try not to give opinions based on appearances and things you don't know about.

Just try both and get what you want. Just make sure you dont get the jackson because it has crappy fret access, and dont get the Alexi because it's ugly.
Quote by lylewithans182
"lol lek get t3h jacksen becuase it hasd teh bestors looks"

"roflol satin>paint i lieks it better"

When you give advice try not to give opinions based on appearances and things you don't know about.

Just try both and get what you want. Just make sure you dont get the jackson because it has crappy fret access, and dont get the Alexi because it's ugly.

by crap acess u mean fret 20 -24 a diffcult 2 reach nooby question
but...