I'm not new at guitar playing at all but I'm new at changing things on the guitar etc. etc.
So I'm doing my intonation and action and I can't lower it any further for my low E string but I think I can get it if I take off this stupid spring.
How important are those springs that come with the saddles? What is their purpose?
Oh sorry I cant help I've never used one. Perhaps if instead of tightening you could try loosening the screws?
3 saddles? if so, I'd buy a six-saddle replacement.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
truss rod maybe? or different gauge strings
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
.. like that?

so you're saying... the springs which are between the saddles and the back of the bridge are stopping you from getting the saddles closer to the base of the bridge?
makes no sense to me, carry on.
id say keep the spring but cut it shorter if you need to, the spring keeps the saddle pushed out away from the back of the bridge so that once you do have the intonation set, it'll stay that way. just snip it with some wire cutters or something, but keep something there.