Page 1 of 2
Finally, my dads friend made up his damn mind and decided to get a guitar from me. He wants a lefty strat, he doesnt really care whats in it and all that crap. He is a wood junky, so i have the best stuff set aside for him. ridiculously curly maple top (near exhibition grade, almost **** myself after that went through the planer)... The neck will be a curly hard maple/rosewood 5 piece neck-through construction. Body similiar to my other neck-through build, just not as thick (1 3/4'' thick). He doesnt care if the headstock is angled or if its straight. I cant really decide what to do, it will likely be angled due to the ease of construction and i will be able to put a headstock veneer on it. Probably 3 on a side PRS style headstock?? not sure, we will see how it works out. i cut out the neck lams today. picking up the mahogany tomorrow sometime.

I love that maple!

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Looks amazing. I can't wait to see what you do with it.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Color me excited
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by LP Addict
didnt spend a fortune on wood for nothin =]

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Amazing!
ESP Eclipse-II VTB (With 18v Mod)
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Holy clamps batman. Looking good. I love 5 piece lams. Not too over the top, but still draw attention.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Oh my god... man that is so nice! I can't wait to see this!

I think the guitar I'm building might turn out the twin of yours sorry. I want a 5 piece neck like that, and it is a strat haha. Well, mine is mahogany...

Looks great man.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Well really all I want is any dark wood (in contrast to the maple) . Mahogany, rosewood, wenge, whatever really.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Wicked
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
Finally some updates, basically after i glued up the curly maple, he decided he didnt like the white/yellow color contrast, and i finally got another batch of sapele... so here we go :

Has one very interesting curl/quilt in it... haha. has a major crack on the back, but i placed it on the spot where the belly carve is, so i can only pray i can carve it out. it is the only piece on the whole 12 foot board with a crack, lame.
Ok, Sapelle and African Mahogany are the same thing right? Also, it looks great.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
no, not the same thing. sapele is african mahoganies hot-sexy-step-sister. same genus or whatever, but a different tree, very similiar in many aspects, sapele is slightly more dense, takes a better shine, you get alot more figuring out of it because the grain refracts light alot better due to the density. its mahogany with a high-end bite, basically making the best tone-wood ever.
Oh darn, I thought I lucked out...
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Wow man, that thing is looking great!

I can't wait to build her twin. All I have to do is call my cousin about getting the blank you sent me thicknessed. He knows a guy, so thats handy.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Mitchell?
Uber-sexy.

You meant the cat right? LULZ

That cat has a short tail! Got full pics!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm totally distracted now

Dayum man. Get this finished I wanna seeeeee it. And get your cat to pose with it!
Randall RG75
Tapco Mix60
New Zealand
^hahahahahahahaha that made my day

looks amazing so far...i need to make a sapele guitar....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
^ Is it just me, or does the body look unusually long?

I think that odd section of figuring is playing with me eyes...

Anyway, looking great man!

(PS, I get my sapelle blank planed on Sunday , I just need to make some templates. Any ideas on transferring the design you put onto something I can use for a template?)
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Page 1 of 2