I just got my first nice acoustic a vintage vecj100, I think it's a very nice guitar. The strings the guitar came with were rubbish and I don't know alot about acoustic guitars but I was just wondering would I be able to put .13 gauge martin eric clapton strings on my guitar without any adjustments.

Also are the eric clapton strings any good?
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
It really depends on what you have strung currently - you could wear out your nut if you're making a big change, as for the Eric Clapton strings, I've never heard of them, but they sound like a gimmick. Most strings are made in a handful of factories and I can't imagine it's worth paying for EC's name (how much do they cost?).
Quote by guitar/bass76
It really depends on what you have strung currently - you could wear out your nut if you're making a big change, as for the Eric Clapton strings, I've never heard of them, but they sound like a gimmick. Most strings are made in a handful of factories and I can't imagine it's worth paying for EC's name (how much do they cost?).

They're rather cheap, £6, that gives me a bigger incentive to buy them, but the main one is, eric clapton is god.
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Just because a guitarists name is on a product doesn't mean it's good.

I wouldn't be surprised if clapton doesn't use the strings himself. It's just a marketing scheme.
Quote by Limabean231
Just because a guitarists name is on a product doesn't mean it's good.

I wouldn't be surprised if clapton doesn't use the strings himself. It's just a marketing scheme.

Yeah mate, that's why I'm asking. Sometimes they can be legit, sometimes it's just a gimmick and they're bollocks,
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
They suck , I have used the 12's and the 13's, had problems with both set's breaking at the bridge, due to my playing style and kinda slapping the bridge sometimes. They have good tone, but are not sturdy strings. Stick with some d'addario if you looking for good fairly cheap strings.
If it breaks at the bridge then it might be your bridge and not the strings. If they continuously break at the same place then you may have a sharp point.

Anyway... I have heard good things about the EC Martins(sound wise). He actually does use them as well. I wouldn't switch to 13's if your action is already high though, it'll make it even higher.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
No my bridge is fine, i checked when i replaced my strings, the only ones that would break there would be the martins, the d'addario have been fine.
I'm not sure how they sound, but I went to see a Daryl Stuermer clinic a week ago, and he said that no matter which products are endorsed by an artist, it doesn't mean he likes or uses that product himself.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite