Im looking to buy an amp for around $150.00. I narrowed it down to 4 amps. I play blues and rock so I want something that can give me a good tone for these, mostly blues. I dont really need a lot of crazy effects, just a little distortion. The four amps i am thinkingh about are

Roland Micro Cube
Epiphone Valve Junior Head Tube Amp
Vox DA5 Guitar combo amp
Crate V series v18-112 tube guitar combo amp

This will be the first amp i am buying (replacing a piece of **** no brand hand me down amp) and need some help in choosing
Thanks for your help
If you get the head, you'll need a cabinet too, or you won't hear anything but burning circuits.
save up an extra 50 and get a little tube combo like a peavey royal 8 or epi valve jr.
better yet check out craigslist or local pawn shops for somthing used. youd probably like a 300 dollar new amp thats a year old more than a brand new 150 amp
good choices, but i would strongly reccomend saving up a little more and getting the Fender Champ 600.

also: what guitar are you using? blues rock is not that specific, either. list some bands aswell.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
+1 to VJ Combo
Quote by blue_strat
If you get the head, you'll need a cabinet too, or you won't hear anything but burning circuits.

Sig'd

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
i have a squier strat and try to play all types of blues. My favorites are albert King, BB King, Muddy Waters, and SRV. I dont need an amp with power, just something that will sound good for what i try to play. Also, out of the four i listed, which one would i need to buy a head for. I donw know much about amps, i want to buy one that i dont need to purchase anything additional, something i can just plug in and play
definatly get the v18, perfect for what you play
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
This is a head:

It has no speaker - it's called a head, you'd need a speaker cabinet to play.
This is a combo - speaker and amp, you just plug it in and play.

I think you should look for a epiphone valve jr. combo (the second one) I think you should look used though, because it's ~$200 new - you can get a much better deal on craigslist or ebay.

The Crate V18, is another idea, you'll want to play it before you buy it though - I felt it had more gain than the Valve jr.
Quote by NJ16W
i have a squier strat and try to play all types of blues. My favorites are albert King, BB King, Muddy Waters, and SRV. I dont need an amp with power, just something that will sound good for what i try to play. Also, out of the four i listed, which one would i need to buy a head for. I donw know much about amps, i want to buy one that i dont need to purchase anything additional, something i can just plug in and play

well, thats why i suggested the champ 600. it's a combo amp, wich means the the whole amp, speakers and all, are in one box. as opposed to a head/cab setup, where the head is not attached to the speakers until you connect them. there are pros and cons to each. for example, if you buy one cab, as long as the OHMs match, you can switch around different heads, something you can't do with a combo amp.
but combos are usually more convenient because you don't have to worry about matching OHMs or hooking all the cables up. it's all up to you.

the Champ has great tone right out of the box and has a good, vintage blues tone and stays clean until you crank it, i found the Epi VJ broke up much to fast.

but like i said, all personal taste.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.