Page 1 of 2
sorry if there has been a thread on this, i searched but found nowt.

There is another epiphone slash coming out. a goldtop!

price is £599... thats plain ridiculous. although it is signed and you get some good stuff with it...

http://www.imusician.co.uk/acatalog/info_00064301.html

why do i feel there will be a new one every few months? by 2010 there will be about 20 different slash sigs circulating.
I guess putting his name on it sells guitars...

Must be frustrating if you buy one and a new model comes out 2 months later though...
if you look at www.gibson.com/slash - it makes me think there will be 8 gibsons and 4 epiphones sigs in total.

Look at this pic. When you hover over the blanks it says "to be announced"

looks like 3 more epiphones (including the goldtop), 3 more USA's and 3 more Customs
Quote by GuitaristTrue
I think that they're taking advantage of it because of gh3.

I know a million people who hadnt heared of slash and then they got gh3 and became obsessed.

That's never happened to me, everyone knows who he is and always has been where I am. Why does a game get the blame for everything anyways? Haven't you realised how famous he was before Guitar Hero 3 anyways? Ever thought about slagging off Sweet Child O' Mine, the song that got him, and Guns N' Roses famous? Ever thought about asking so many rhetorical questions in one paragraph before?

Anyways, why would you buy a already signed guitar? I would rather meet the guy myself rather than have someone else do it for me.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Last edited by Lil Macker at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by Lil Macker

Anyways, why would you buy a already signed guitar? I would rather meet the guy myself rather than have someone else do it for me.

it is just the certificate of authenticity that is signed by Slash
my Slash guitar looks cooler...
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
it is just the certificate of authenticity that is signed by Slash

You said it in a very misleading way in the opening post...

Oh well, my point remains valid.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i dont see the problem with it. i know some people that love slash's goldtop, like myself, but dislike the burst on some (not all) of his other guitars. if he want to put his name on something, go for it. after all let's see who else has had many, many signature things;
Zakk Wylde (Signature/custom shop guitars X8, signature strings x2, signature pedals x2)
Dave Mustaine (signature guitars with three different companies, amp ads X2)
Dimebag (Guitar Endorsments X2, strings, pedals X2, amps X2)
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I wouldn't like an epiphone gold top. I already have a gibson classic gold top haha. I'm a big slash fan, not because of guitar hero. GNR is my favorite band of all time, so when GH3 came out i was just like, sweet.

The only Slash Signature guitar I was interested in was his Custom Shop one, but then I figured out that the finish wasn't really like the original during the Use Your Illusion Tour n late Appetite. So I didn't want it anymore. His original LP Standards w/ the cherry sunburst finishes are my favorite. I just love that finish cause it had a perfect blend of red to orange/yellow. On his Signature, it's like all orange/yellow.

:/
Quote by Jhachey22
i dont see the problem with it. i know some people that love slash's goldtop, like myself, but dislike the burst on some (not all) of his other guitars. if he want to put his name on something, go for it. after all let's see who else has had many, many signature things;
Zakk Wylde (Signature/custom shop guitars X8, signature strings x2, signature pedals x2)
Dave Mustaine (signature guitars with three different companies, amp ads X2)
Dimebag (Guitar Endorsments X2, strings, pedals X2, amps X2)

definately. the guy has turned himself into a household name. Cant fault him for it. even my granny knows who slash is...
Lets not forget the amount of Hendrix signature things there has been.
And surely slash is going to get tired of signing the same 2000 bits of paper for epiphone
"if only there was a faster way?" as he pulls out a knife
'SLASH!'
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
I can't believe so many people buy these guitars. Just buy a standard, and replace the pickups if you want.
Quote by Martin Scott
Meh. Slash is sh*t.

Yeah even if I'm a fan, I don't really want to buy a copy. The only Slash things I'd buy would be the Jubilee amp and the wah.

I'd just get a Les Paul that I like and swap pickups or something, you know?
Quote by Martin Scott
Meh. Slash is sh*t. I'll take my Limited Edition Gibson over this commercial nonsense any day.

Which is why he has been on 2 extremely famous bands, has a custom shop model, and rich as ****...yeah...he's ****...I doubt you could do much better than him.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Crazy price, but I guess someone will buy it. If you're rich and are a huge fan of Slash, I could understand buying the guitar. But it would make a lot more sense to just buy another Les Paul and change the pickups.
Quote by Skynyrd890
Which is why he has been on 2 extremely famous bands, has a custom shop model, and rich as ****...yeah...he's ****...I doubt you could do much better than him.

Dont bite mate, that guy is baiting you waiting for a response like that! There is no need to bash a guitar player in a thread about his guitar. Like this guy said, he is hardly ****, look at his achievements.

At the end of the day, its each to their own. If he doesnt appreciate Slash then thats his lookout - i feel sorry for him that he'll never appreciate Slashs Snakepit! A damn fine showcase of Slashs's very apparent abilities on guitar

Back on topic, i agree that it would probably be easier to get a standard epi and do a pickup swap - id personally get a vintage V100 les paul and get a pickup swap - they are just as good.

Although you do get lots of extras.... And if Epiphone can actually make this goldtop look nice then.... well.... Its a good job i have no money
There's not even much point in the pickup swap. The only reason Slash used the Alnico II Pros is because they were the lowest output and straight-sounding pickups he could find, since he prefers to get his overdrive and control his tone from his amp rather than from the guitar itself. So Alnico II Pro's won't generate his tone at all - it's all in the amp when it comes to Slash's tone.

And the long neck tenon is something of a farce too. You're not getting more wood-to-wood contact - you're getting more glue-to-wood contact. In addition, the stopbar tailpiece is standard on all Epis now anyway, and the neck profile, that's just down to preference - and having felt the Slash profile myself, I'd rather stick with the standard Epi neck.

So, you're paying double the price, for pickups which are only worth about £120 for both and won't actually help get you the 'Slash tone', and a neck profile which is entirely down to personal preference and comfort whether it's better or not.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
the "slash profile neck" LOL.

that basically means "this guitar's neck has a custom profile designed for someone who isn't you!"

thats just like buying a 2nd hand custom guitar... designed specifically for one person. sold to another, who realises its not right for him/her.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Seriously... That is overpriced...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by slashs_#1_fan
suppose so, although the link contains all the info. im no epiphone rep

Touché.

Well, you can't blame Slash for doing this. He'll get tons of money for it, no matter how much you complain and protest. All I can say now is good for him, he's a smart guy for doing this. If I was Slash, I would do the same thing.

EDIT: Off topic, but do his mates call him 'Slash' or 'Saul'?

Hmmm....
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I still say my guitar is t3h pwn. Looks better than the gold top IMO, and strangely, fits right in my hands.
Quote by StevoIRL
Hetfield what a man bit of belly but still what a man

Gear

Gibson Slash Signature LP
B-52 AT-112 60 watt
Digitech Rp90
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, you can't blame Slash for doing this. He'll get tons of money for it, no matter how much you complain and protest. All I can say now is good for him, he's a smart guy for doing this. If I was Slash, I would do the same thing.
The hilarious part comes when a thread about the Avril Lavigne Telecaster is made and everyone completely ignores this factor.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Martin Scott
Lawl, the Slash Brigade (people with Slash in their usernames and/or avatars/sigs) fight back. I wonder if Saul himself finds it weird that people bum him so hard?

only me and mockingbird452 fit into that category and neither of us fought back, he agreed the guitar was a rip off and i just said each to their own...

our d*cks are nowhere near the guy, so what are you on about? Just because we chose to have pics of our idols as avatars doesnt make us anal rapists does it? I notice you have a pic of yourself there....

i was just applying your arse rape logic to your own avatar. you shoot me down as a slash bummer just because i have a pic of him... well applying your logic you must get up to some funky stuff on your own.

i just dont see the point in shooting someone down for nothing. no1 was fighting back, and no1 bums slash
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
i was just applying your arse rape logic to your own avatar. you shoot me down as a slash bummer just because i have a pic of him... well applying your logic you must get up to some funky stuff on your own.

That makes no sense. Naming myself my own name and having my actual picture as my avatar is nothing like idolizing Slash to the point of having your name as "slashs_#1_fan" and having his picture as your avatar. You can't apply 'my logic' on the Slash Brigade to my name and avatar. I don't idolize myself.. I'm just.. being myself. So clearly it's completely and utterly not the same thing. You realize that, right?
i dont exactly see the problem in idolising somone. you have idols right?

There is no Slash brigade. and of course i dont think you idolise of love yourself, i was just pointing out that your logic for calling us bummers was pretty crap. Yeah we idolise Slash. everyone idolises someone. This thread is about slash, so surprise surprise there are a few of us here. if you dont like slash then why are you here?
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
i dont exactly see the problem in idolising somone. you have idols right?

There is no Slash brigade. and of course i dont think you idolise of love yourself, i was just pointing out that your logic for calling us bummers was pretty crap. Yeah we idolise Slash. everyone idolises someone. This thread is about slash, so surprise surprise there are a few of us here. if you dont like slash then why are you here?

I don't. Due to my connections to a few old rockstars nobody remembers, I've learnt that everyone up on that stage is no more special than every individual in the audience. They are only human. And mostly they find the thought that people Idolise them kinda worrying.

(My mum is on the phone to Pete 'Overend' Watts as i type this, funnily enough. You probably don't know who that is, lol)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 31, 2008,
Quote by Blompcube
I don't.

"My guitar heroes in no particular order Dave Gregory - XTC Andy Partridge - XTC Kurt Cobain Joe Walsh Don Felder Jimi Hendrix Eric Clapton Gary Moore etc..."

Who are these 'heroes' then?

Everybody has heroes, people they admire
Quote by slashs_#1_fan
"My guitar heroes in no particular order Dave Gregory - XTC Andy Partridge - XTC Kurt Cobain Joe Walsh Don Felder Jimi Hendrix Eric Clapton Gary Moore etc..."

Who are these 'heroes' then?

Everybody has heroes, people they admire

I don't Idolise them like that. I just think they are good at what they do. I suppose i'd be pretty shocked if I met Kurt Cobain or Jimi Hendrix...

I thought this thread was about les pauls, anyhow.

Page 1 of 2