Page 1 of 2
I have read them all i though i should enlighten the pit...

DISCUSS!!!

P.S.--if spoilers are in a post put *SPOILERS* at the top of the post...wouldnt want to ruin anything for anyone

EDIT: Just so no-one is confused, i'm talking about the 7-book series by Stephen King
Pot
Kettle
Black
Last edited by A Rolling Stone at Aug 30, 2008,
Come on Guys...this thread can work!!

I'll Start::Who is your favorite character from the whole series??

Mine is Cuthbert
Pot
Kettle
Black
I just got the first two books from the library after reading a couple other books by Stephen King (Christine and Pet Sematary).

I'm going to start reading them as soon as I have finished Rainbow Six.
rawr
I read this whole series a little while ago, and it was pretty awesome. If I had more time, and there weren't as many books that I already wanted to read, I'd probably read them over again. I do remember Wizard and Glass being a little boring though...
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I'm reading the comic book series for it.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by metal4life592
I read this whole series a little while ago, and it was pretty awesome. If I had more time, and there weren't as many books that I already wanted to read, I'd probably read them over again. I do remember Wizard and Glass being a little boring though...

Indeed, the Wizard and Glass was boring at times but overall, the series is kickass
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
I hate the second book, I haven't gotten through it. I'll have to restart it again if I ever want to get through it.
Quote by DarkEra97
I hate the second book, I haven't gotten through it. I'll have to restart it again if I ever want to get through it.

I like the second. I found it VERY interesting. Kind of... off the wall and sci-fi in a way... but still really interesting.
I'm on my way through Wizard and Glass.... and man is it hard to keep reading. Slow reader that one is.
Yeah, the second was boring at first but it ended up being fantastic!!

Btw, to me wizard and Glass was the best of the series, but i would have to say that song of susannah was the worst (but not far behind the first one, it just didnt flow)
but none of them were really "bad" imo
Pot
Kettle
Black
Wizard and Glass is my favourite of the them all. How pissed off were people at the ending?

Also, anyone heard of the film adaption they are working on? Hopefully be good.
I read the first book and that's as far as I want to go with this series. I can appreciate why some people would like them, but they just don't do it for me.
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Hey, some other people here like these as well. I got up to the 3rd book in the series, and then hit a wall. I can't find the fourth one anywhere, and I don't want to screw with the storyline by skipping a book, that's a big no-no.. I'll probably get around to reading the others soon enough.
Sigs are overrated.
great series my favorite charactor is probably eddie
i think the wastelands was the best but the ending to the series was dumbest thing i ever read
Quote by The Leader
Man, woman, and child alike wept openly at the scourge and pestilence that was birthed onto this Earth from my anus

Quote by inhatredofme
i rear back with the hammer and start raining down blows like thor upon a hooker
i actually didnt like the wastelands that much, that is, not until they got to Blaine that was SWEET!!! Even though the ending totally left me on edge until i bought wizard and glass

*****SPOILERS*****

So what did you guys think about what the Wolves turned out to be in the 5th book, i found that to be a major dissapointment
Pot
Kettle
Black
i thought it was a dissapointment too

*SPOILER*

i thought the robot idea was actually kinda predictable, i thought it would be somethin totally messed up but it just didnt happen lol

But i love how he brought callahan into the series from salems lot in that book
Quote by GmacD
Chicken and waffles motha F*cka

Quote by Joey Radical
Just be a man and **** your mom.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
What's a Dark Tower? Slang for a black man's peen?

shhh......we don't want to let the white people find out
--
--
I'm Always Thinking...

--
--
Would I like this series? I like King, but I've only read books like Misery, Carrie, The Stand, and The Dead Zone.
Quote by Hexagram
Indeed, the Wizard and Glass was boring at times but overall, the series is kickass

I loved Wizard and Glass.
The ending was really sad though.
Rhea is a BITCH.
I'm on "Wolves of the Calla" right now, but my book was left out in the rain and is now unreadable, so I have to get a new one soon...
Wizard and Glass was a yawn-fest until shit started to fly near the end of the flash back.

I'm about a 3rd of the way through Song of Susannah.

Man I did NOT see the parentage of "The Chap" coming out that way.
The series is incredible. Start to finish, couldn't stop reading it...

SPOILER!

I thought Stephen King was so full of himself to add himself as a character to the series.
Quote by TheMantipede
The series is incredible. Start to finish, couldn't stop reading it...

SPOILER!
I thought Stephen King was so full of himself to add himself as a character to the series.
I haven't read Salems Lot, but after Callahan, I really want to.
Quote by Flann
Would I like this series? I like King, but I've only read books like Misery, Carrie, The Stand, and The Dead Zone.

I'm quoting myself because I think everyone missed my question >.<
Quote by Flann
I'm quoting myself because I think everyone missed my question >.<
If you like Stephen King you will like The Dark Tower.

At least give The Gunslinger a shot. It's nice and short.
those are the only stephen king books i havent read. i just got finished reading "the stand" and "the long walk" so i might just try and read those
Quote by H4t3BR33D3R
fourteen?
For Christ sake she probably couldn't get to the center of a Tootsie Pop let alone suck your **** properly. Just get someone your own age you tosser.
Just started reading the first book a few weeks ago. I usually read a lot fast (i could have it done in 4-5 hours ) but school has been taking up my time. I really like it though. Doing my english novel study on it.
Yeah, with most people when you get past the gunslinger it comes easily because the gunslinger is by far the slowest of the 7 books
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by A Rolling Stone
Yeah, with most people when you get past the gunslinger it comes easily because the gunslinger is by far the slowest of the 7 books
Wizard and Glass dragged for me.

The entire Mejis section felt ridiculously drawn out.
I read the first 2. Both were good though book #2 slowed way down towards the middle. I'm taking a break to read up on some Vonnegut and I'll get back to book 3. But good so far. I can relate when people get turned off from it because the books become very detailed and drawn out and they get longer as you go on.
one of the most epic tales of our time for sure
you grow attached to the characters
roland is nothing short of epic
hes mind bogglingly awesome

*SPOILER*

my favorite scene was the one in wizard and glass when the gunslingers and the big coffin hunters faced off in the bar. they kept on one upping each other. i thought that was tight as hell
^
*SPOILER*

Yeah i loved that scene. Especially when Cuthbert takes that guys hand (or was it a finger, i dont recall) off with a frikkin slingshot!! EPIC!!
Pot
Kettle
Black
Great series.

POSSIBLE SPOILER!

My favorite scene was Callahan giving Jake the last rights before going into fight the vampires knowing they were most likely going to die. Epic
^Extremely epic in fact, going into a vampire infested building expecting death is as good as it get lol
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by A Rolling Stone
^
*SPOILER*

Yeah i loved that scene. Especially when Cuthbert takes that guys hand (or was it a finger, i dont recall) off with a frikkin slingshot!! EPIC!!
It was a finger nail actually
Wizard and glass was easily my favorite book of the series, although I admit the beginning was slow. The only one from the series to compete at all was The Gunslinger. Honestly I though books 5-7 were kind of dumb at times.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Page 1 of 2