anyone living in a college dorm feels akward to play guitar in the dorms? I say its akward because people walking across the hallway can hear you play, even if you play unplugged. I can't get over this awkard feeling. I haven't even yet plugged in my guitar to my 5 watt solid state amp yet.

Im not bad at all at the guitar btw

It also feels akward if I play music loud, and everyone walking in the hallway could hear it.
Then why do you care?
If people think you suck, tell them you're only getting better.
If people think you're good, like you claim, then who cares if they hear you play?
i actually enjoy playing while people can hear i think its better then ppl actually being in the room lol.you should try just embracing it and im sure when someone says to you they think ur awesome you will enjoy playing in ur dorm
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by lpmarshall
even if you play unplugged.

You mean acoustic? In that case just play an electric without it plugged in. If that's still audible across the hall then pressure the school to get some actual drywall in the dorms and not just cardboard.
you know you're a success when at 2am the couple in the room next to you are pounding on the wall for you to STFU
I just moved into my dorm a few weeks ago and it was kinda awkward at first, but everyone here sucks at guitar so I'm like a rockstar. And no one here plays ukulele so I'm exotic too.

The awkward thing IMO is singing in dorms. I only do it when I know my suitemates are gone, and I stop when I hear footsteps around the door outside. I'm shy
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Quote by kyurah
I just moved into my dorm a few weeks ago and it was kinda awkward at first, but everyone here sucks at guitar so I'm like a rockstar. And no one here plays ukulele so I'm exotic too.

The awkward thing IMO is singing in dorms. I only do it when I know my suitemates are gone, and I stop when I hear footsteps around the door outside. I'm shy

shit that's going to be hell for me. i love pathetically trying to sing along to what i'm listening to. i may never be able to listen to the beach boys again

wouldn't it be a good thing that people can hear you play? it will help you find more people to play with at the very least.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Sep 9, 2008,
I felt nervous about it too, chances are if you do it people will pay you no mind, cept maybe to compliment you
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR
shit that's going to be hell for me. i love pathetically trying to sing along to what i'm listening to. i may never be able to listen to the beach boys again

Not only are you going to listen to the Beach Boys, you're going to raise the volume as high as it goes, and sing along like a real man would.
i had stopped caring after having to hear everbody elses ridiculously loud rap, o i fought it by playing loud. (and turning the stereo up when i got tired)
Quote by InvaderTSN
Not only are you going to listen to the Beach Boys, you're going to raise the volume as high as it goes, and sing along like a real man would.

ok deal

My mind is going. I can feel it.
the people on my floor seem to have become accustomed to having very loud death metal coming out of my room. I don't mind playing in the dorms, if I'm just learning a song or practicing my god awful sweeping people generally don't say anything. They really only say anything if its a compliment
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Don't worry about it. my roommate and I had a battle to see who could get their computer to play Bodies loudest. This little friend won the battle for me.

The poor thing was actually vibrating from the song.

We also have about 5 guitarists on the floor I live on. Had a pair of them blocking the hall playing guitar.
Put on some pants, its time to dance! -The Happy Phrase

Quote by Alice Cooper
The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades.

Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because... Disaster, you good sir, are a f*cking genius!