theres this small bit in the last verse at 3.48 where dime goes into a bend combined with touch harmonics (i think) which ends in one harmonic not (i think!)

i wanna know EXACTLY how he did it,cuz it kills me everytime i hear it and i cant find the correct touch places or the pattern he does,im not even sure theyr even touch (natural) harmonics
can anybody out there help me with it,i knw its a small part,but i just love it!
cheers!
and sry for wrong spelling,its "cemetary" or "cemetery" im not sure...i think americans write it "semetary" too
It's Cemetery. No other spellings that I'm aware of.
This is from a Canadian, mind you.

Anyway, that last note he ends on sounds like a cleverly used natural harmonic. Just remember you need high gain. And it fades into feedback, so you'll need to consider that too. You can always pinch it if you want.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
um, not sure about the exact place to touch, but i know the technique. i think you bend the note and touch your finger VERY LIGHTLY one octave up on the same string.
No, we spell it cemetery. Actually, I think EVERYONE spells it cemetery.

He's just bending a note and lightly tapping and octave (12 frets) above the fretted note, I think.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
no i tried that,he bend at 4 and i tried touching at 16,its not the same harmonic,i even tried pinching everywhere but i can get neither the harmonic that he touches or the final one,i get different ones...
does anyone know the right frets to touch/pinch at?