toss a spring or two and tighten the two screws in the back trem cavity.

level the bridge.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Remember to adjust the intonation aswell that's caused by the high guage strings.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
^correct. after you're happy with how the bridge sits. (and it stays in tune for you)

be sure to adjust the action,
and then fret the strings at the 12th, see if the guitar is still in tune there.

also, dont over crank the two screws in the trem cavity.
just from the looks of it, you're going to need to at least add one spring.

if it's 4 total then, 2 on one side, 2 on the other with a space between.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

This is happening with my guitar too, will it actually harm the guitar if it is left that way? Cos it stays in tune and works nicely, and I don't wanna mess it up
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
umm, well i dont think it'll "mess anything up"

usually it's really hard to keep a guitar in tune, if it's out of balance.
that's including intonation.

if you want to keep it that way because you like it, then that's fine.
if you want to keep it that way because you're afraid to turn a screw then...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

tighten the screws (thats what i did for this problem) or add some springs. it won't damage it i don't think but it is just good in general to have it level with the guitar. also, if it is like that, the whammy will be off and won't be able to go as low and could maybe break the strings if whammied all the way up.
Hey you got pull up now. Id say keep it.. Room to bend both ways if im looking at the picture right.
Keep if it stays in tune
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Hmm, mine stays in tune and I don't use the trem, but I might level it up anyway. Thanks!
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
some people like it high like that so they can pull up.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The Strat bridges with the 6 pivot screws weren't originally designed for anything but a downward pitch shift. Strat was born in a time before metal. That's why they developed the one with two posts, but...hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm sure there are ways to get away with bending both down and up on a vintage style Strat bridge.
Last edited by carpepax at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by carpepax
The Strat bridges with the 6 pivot screws weren't originally designed for anything but a downward pitch shift. Strat was born in a time before metal. That's why they developed the one with two posts, but...hey, whatever floats your boat. I'm sure there are ways to get away with bending both down and up on a vintage style Strat bridge.

well, jeff beack has his floating a little upwards to he can do those crazy upwards-whangbar tricks. not so much as to pull out dimebag's harmonic screams, but so he can do opposite tremolo, i guess you coud call it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I don't think this is healthy for your guitar, however look on the bright side you have a "floyd-rose like" bridge.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Quote by carpepax

u're wrong.vintage strats were supposed to be able to move up or down.

to ts:if u did not adjust u're truss rod u're f**ked .
^he's not fukd tho.

he might like, or not even notice the added curve in the neck.

wouldnt call that fukd really.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Jhachey22
well, jeff beack has his floating a little upwards to he can do those crazy upwards-whangbar tricks. not so much as to pull out dimebag's harmonic screams, but so he can do opposite tremolo, i guess you coud call it.

That's because Jeff Beck uses the 2-post bridge, which was designed for down and up pitch bending. Those are often adjusted so the bridge sits level with the body but lifted up. It's because the pivot posts are hourglass shaped and the two notched sections on the front of the bridge sit in the skinny part of the posts. The posts are adjustable up and down. The 6-screw pivot system doesn't have that capability because the screws don't have that notch in them to hold the front of the bridge at a specific height.

Check it out: Fender Jeff Beck Signature Stratocaster
Quote by BirdHouse
u're wrong.vintage strats were supposed to be able to move up or down.

to ts:if u did not adjust u're truss rod u're f**ked .

That's right, in that position it called "semi-floating mode".
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Quote by carpepax
That's because Jeff Beck uses the 2-post bridge, which was designed for down and up pitch bending. Those are often adjusted so the bridge sits level with the body but lifted up. It's because the pivot posts are hourglass shaped and the two notched sections on the front of the bridge sit in the skinny part of the posts. The posts are adjustable up and down. The 6-screw pivot system doesn't have that capability because the screws don't have that notch in them to hold the front of the bridge at a specific height.

Check it out: Fender Jeff Beck Signature Stratocaster

i dunno, i saw him doing this with a vintage strat. it's works fine on my 90's MIM strat and i have never had a problem with it, exept the one time i broke a peice off of my whang bar.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater