Poll: Vox Valvetronix or Marshall Valvestate?
Poll Options
View poll results: Vox Valvetronix or Marshall Valvestate?
Vox Valvetronix
8 73%
Marshall Valvestate
3 27%
Voters: 11.
Yeah, so I have tha option of getting either. Help me out please!
EDIT: I play mostly Rock/Alternative Rock/Punk/Classic Rock. I like a warm distortion that cuts through the mix in a band and bright, clear cleans.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Aug 30, 2008,
Depends which music you play...
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by JMcG92
Yeah, so I have tha option of getting either. Help me out please!
EDIT: I play mostly Rock/Alternative Rock/Punk/Classic Rock. I like a warm distortion that cuts through the mix in a band and bright, clear cleans.

I'd go with the vox, it had amazing cleans and you'll be able to get all those tones, some may need pedals though, but I doubt you will. Aslong as you don't need heavy gain, get the vox.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
Quote by |Matt Dolan|
I'd go with the vox, it had amazing cleans and you'll be able to get all those tones, some may need pedals though, but I doubt you will. Aslong as you don't need heavy gain, get the vox.

Cheers dude.
Yeah I've played the Vox and loved it but then I heard about the Marshall Valvestate as being the MG's more toneful cousin.
Anyway the poll seems to be heading the Vox way.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Vox is a better amp. The thing about it is that it does almost everything well, but is great at nothing. Keep that in mind.