a friend of mine has a Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty and plays through a Line 6 Spider III 15 Amp and has found he doesnt like the tone of the neck pickup after looking on the internet i have found that they are all Alnico Classic Magnet Humbuckers and wants to change the neck pickup with a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB the Jeff Beck ones and was wondering if it will make a difference with the amp he has got. any ideas?
yeah, line 6 spiders arent exactly known to be amazing. he should try and save for a nicer amp
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
New amp first.

That said, in general, new pups are generally gonna be better for fine-tuning. Unless the ones in it right now are complete ass, it won't make too huge of a difference.
pickups are for making good tone better

spiders don't have good tone

btw i stole that first bit from someone's sig, lol
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
I'd say that he should get a new amp first, namely a tube combo or a decent solid state (line 6 flextone III-it's a POD with amp modeling and a speaker basically, and it's actually good-unlike the spider)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Hes expecting great tone from a 15 watt practice amp. A new pickup wont change anything. I dont expect great things from my little 15w amp except thats its alot easier to carry than my tube amp.
Tell him to get a new amp first. If he is adamant about new pups, slap him in the face and say "Good day, sir!" and just walk away.

Seriously, I play my Squier through a FM 25R. I like it just fine, but then I played it through some Crate head into a Randall cab and it sounded much more awesome. Same as when I played it through a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL and 1960A and B cabs. I then realized that my 25w practice amp sucks more than I thought.
Quote by Invader Jim
Tell him to get a new amp first. If he is adamant about new pups, slap him in the face and say "Good day, sir!" and just walk away.

hahaha i will thanks
boy Muddy Waters invented electricity

live gamertag = LiamOfTheFunk