So, I had my guitar worked on, it was buzzing like hell. The guy fixed the buzzing, but now the action is really high. What do I need to do to get the action real low but not buzz? Will I need to have fret work done? Its a BC Rich Deluxe Jr. V, a kickass guitar, and had awesome action without buzz until I switched to 9's. WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
It might have been the action that was causing the buzz, so you might have to learn to live with it. I doubt it is the frets, unless they look as if they are badly put in or anything.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
you went down to 9's from 10's?

when you go lighter the the headstock isnt pulled as hard and the neck can lay more flat, creating buzz.

you can try to adjust the neck,
fret the Low E on the first fret, at the same time,
fret the Low E on the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets 7-9th

if the string lays on the fretwire there, then you need more bend,
if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the wire there you can use more,

measure and repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thanks for the advice. I'll measure on monday,my guitars at my grandmothers.
I have a new question to. What is the best and most effective way to lower the action? She has a Floyd Rose.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Last edited by racman92 at Aug 30, 2008,
ok if you want the shop to do the adjustment, then go in there, knowing what's wrong.

if you dont want to go back to the shop then, repost ill get back to you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What kind of guitar is it?
What did the tech do to get rid of the buzz? Was it as simple as a bridge elevation adjustment or did he change a few things?

I agree with jj1565 but be very careful. If you are not absolutely sure about what you are doing and if you don't have the proper tools then messing with your truss rod can be inherently dangerous. If you are familiar with your truss rod and feel comfortable adjusting it then please have fun but if not then get Ye back to the guitar tech. I would also check for a fret that may be a bit higher than the others (as already mentioned) and also make sure the strings are at the proper radius. Ask the tech if you can watch him work or at least show you what he did and why. Knowledge is power and a knowledgeable guitarist is powerful indeed!

Remember that low action vs. buzz is a balance one must strike with the instrument, a little compromise is required.

Good luck
As i said above, its a B.C. Rich Deluxe Jr. V with an original Floyd Rose. I've had it for about 8 months and the action was low as hell, which I loved, and didn't buzz... until I switched from 10s to 9s and it buzzed BAD. the tech stopped the buzz, I'm not sure how he adjusted it neck or brige or what, but the action is high). I don't plan on doing anything potentially damaging on my own, I've just learned of a much better music shop in the area.
Quote by magnus_maximus

Quote by Albino_Rhino
just take it back to him and tell him u want the action as low as possible

edit: as low as poss. without fret-buzz obviously
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w