Page 1 of 2
Now, I'm not talking about people in bands here, fairly obviously. They're SUPPOSED to sound good, it's their job. Unless it's somebody like Joe Perry or Brian May, completely overshadowed in their respective bands by Tyler/Mercury, but who have turned out to have good voices on solo records.

I'm talking about actors, or sports personalities who have recorded music, and have turned out to actually have good voices. (Sorry John Barnes, this does NOT include you).

After hearing Rhapsody's "The Magic Of The Wizard's Dream" I was surprised to hear that Christopher Lee is actually an excellent singer. He has a wonderful baritone voice.

From what I've heard, I believe that Will Ferrell may be quite a good singer. Sadly I've only heard him singing jokily, and that was maybe only twenty seconds, which really isn't enough to say "yeah, he's good."

And now for that magical word which you pit monkeys seem to think is the way to end all opening posts:

JAVELIN!

I mean discuss <_< (cwutididthar?)
my buddies neighbour was like 3rd place on canadian idol, so everytime we get drunk there we go on the roof and start yelling carlieee raee come sing us a song. Aha alot of the time she actually does or someone from her family comes out and tells us to shut up, either way...

off topic, yes
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
David Hasselhoff...
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Nikki Sixx seems to have a good voice on his Sixx:AM stuff. Jared Leto has a great voice i think, even tho now hes known as more of a musician than actor.
well my favorite singer is Tyler Herrin from Atlanta....
just some guy that loves music ^_^
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Cabron1
the guy from fall out boy..he doesnt look like an amazing singer

and

sam sparro black american voice in white english/austrailian guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHuebHTD-lY

You didn't read the first few lines of my post, you irredeemable turnip!

*goes back to Youtube to listen to Black & Gold again*

I was pleasantly surprised with the Jim Carrey video too.
first time I heard Nicole Kidman sing I was like "well FINALLY!"
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
Jared Leto (30 Seconds To Mars)
Jamie Foxx
I read somewhere that 77% of the mentally ill live in poverty. I'm more interested in the 23% who are apparently doing quite well for themselves.
Quote by Minkaro
You didn't read the first few lines of my post, you irredeemable turnip!

*goes back to Youtube to listen to Black & Gold again*

I was pleasantly surprised with the Jim Carrey video too.

oops nevermind it was bland as something very bland. you should start again by saying what singers dont look like good singers, you inconsequential brussell sprout
adam sandler i think sings pretty well

and the guy from dirty jobs(cant remember his name) used to be an opera singer, or on broadway, one of those i cant remember
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
Jason Newstead's backing vocals are very good.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst 500t/490r
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Rect-O-Verb Series 2 Head
Carvin vt412 4x12 cabinet
minky

...............wat

i fail

umm seriously joe satriani considering he's meant to be an instrumentalist?

same for gilbert vai sheehan etc etc
I like Gilbert's singing. I've only heard Vai sing in that one song off Sex & Religion (probably the one they did whilst Devin Townsend was using the toilet, or something).

I can't work out whether Malmsteen's singing is decent, or just funny.
Both the people that played Johnny Cash and June Carter in Walk the Line, Reese Witherspoon from what I understand doesn't have that much of a musical background, and the other dude i have no clue about
Quote by Deliriumbassist
satriani should never sing after those atrocities "I like the rain" and "lifestyle"

Sheehan has pretty good vocal chops though.

i agree about "i like the rain" but i really like "lifestyle"
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
did Joaquin Phoenix sing actually sing all those songs in Walk The Line? I think I heard somewhere he did but I'm not sure.

I know Jamie Foxx actually sang all those songs in Ray. Which was very impressive.
I read somewhere that 77% of the mentally ill live in poverty. I'm more interested in the 23% who are apparently doing quite well for themselves.
Quote by santonocito90
did Joaquin Phoenix sing actually sing all those songs in Walk The Line? I think I heard somewhere he did but I'm not sure.

I know Jamie Foxx actually sang all those songs in Ray. Which was very impressive.

Phoenix and Witherspoon sang and played their instruments.
Steve Vai.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Billy Boyd.
He sang in Lord of the Rings, and I thought it was nicely done tbh.
Ive been sentenced to a Death by Sexy by the Eagles of Death Metal fan club! PM Punk Rocker to get sentenced.

President of the 'Courtney Love does not suck' club. PM me to join.

Also a member of White Stripes club - see left.
Page 1 of 2