I am wondering if anyone has this yet and if it is worth the 130 somethin it costs. I am considering buying a laptop and then buying the tone port thing to start recording stuff.
i really like it. i have a valve amp, i have tons of top end pedals, i have practice amps. but when i practice in the house i use the same combination, Toneport through my good quality PC speakers. has everything i need with minimal effort, and if you play guitar mostly while you sit at the PC its a god send.
Alright cool bout the pc part but how about the laptop bit. Would it work good with a laptop?
Yh it works with anything, they rock
Quote by XGhacker
1) OMG THE LEAD SINGER OF IRON MAIDEN RAPES HIS SON!!!
Bruce Dick-in-son
^^ Absolutely, I have a UX2 with monitors running off it into my laptop. Works like a charm.
I use one and it's great.

Most of the time I use its software to record things as it just takes too long to get a good sound out of micing my amp. My song "3ft Funeral" on my profile was the TonePort UX2 and software.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you're buying a new laptop it should be fine, it needs a fair bit of memory for most recording programs (make sure the soundcard is decent as well though).

My laptop speakers are dire but my ux2 has headphone & monitor out sockets which I use anyway.

I did read somewhere that the usb was only 1.1 (not 2 which is faster) which might cause latency (delayed sound) issues.

There are generally a few threads in the Riffs & Recording forum which you might want to check out.
Alright thanks. I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt gonna buy this thing and not be able to do anything with it.