Page 1 of 2
Obviously.

Why do you listen to music, why do you play music?

Thoughts?
some music just makes you feel at ease with the world.. It's really ****ed up, but right here, right now Its just me and soilwork
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
because music relaxes me.
cause I really enjoy playing and listening to music.
It's just awesome, isn't it? beeing able to play ur favorite songs.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I just like playing, therefore I play bass guitar in jazz band, mellophone in marching band, french horn in concert band, and piano on my own time.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Quote by Våd Hamster
*sigh*

Because I enjoy it.

This.

What the fuck kind of question was that?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Because i like to feel like a rockstar
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
I actually understand the question,

melody gives a color to life. any melody, any color.
music is essentially my life
when im not at a gig im listening to music
and after a gig i always plug my ipod straight back in

love lyrics i can relate to as well
endless sacrifice-dream theater
really does talk to me
freedom. freedom to express me emotions, opinions and thoughts, without ever having to (most of the time) care about what other people think. it's a way to relax me, as well as get me pumped up. i enjoy it not only because im good at it, but because its so mutli-dimensional you can make it into anything you want, it also makes a dull life vibrant, adds excitement and joy.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
Music is an ocean of depth and power. There are those who gaze upon it day after day, wishing they could control it, and then there are those who jump in and make it bow before them.

...PCP is seriously awesome
In the words of Jesse Michaels (Operation Ivy, Common Rider):

"Music is an indirect force for change, because it provides an anchor against human tragedy. In this sense, it works towards a reconciled world. It can also be the direct experience of change. At certain points during some shows, the reconciled world is already here, at least in that second, at that place. Operation Ivy was very lucky to have experienced this. Those seconds reveal that the momentum that drives a subculture is more important than any particular band. The momentum is made of all the people who stay interested, and keep their sense of urgency and hope."

^ That's why.

Without music, sometimes I wouldn't even have a reason to live.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Music is my life.. I would die without it...
Seriously... I tryed going a day without listening to my iPod at school, didn't work out well, I was craving it when I got home...
But anyways, yeah, music is life, I live for music, I live with music, I listen to music 80% of the time, and I love every minute of it...
I also like to play music, thats usually what I'm doing in about another 10% of the time, then I sleep 10% of the time... sometimes I even listen to music while I sleep, or even play music in my dreams...

All-in-all... I LOVE music...
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Playing music is a challenge, the reward is worth it, and there are seemingly endless possibilities.
Quote by touji-za-nai
some music just makes you feel at ease with the world.. It's really ****ed up, but right here, right now Its just me and soilwork

Soilwork pwns.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst 500t/490r
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Rect-O-Verb Series 2 Head
Carvin vt412 4x12 cabinet
Quote by Kozlic
because music relaxes me.
cause I really enjoy playing and listening to music.
It's just awesome, isn't it? beeing able to play ur favorite songs.

Yes. Being able to make the music you love with your own hands, there's nothing better. There's a lot of music that reminds me of certain times or events in my life. I always have to be listening to SOMETHING.
This.

What the fuck kind of question was that?
An introspective, intellectual question?

If that is the only reason you can think of to describe why you like music, then so be it. I tend not to use superficial reasoning for anything I like.
Because good music expresses a certain mood and I can listen to it when I can relate to it, let myself not think about it. Music is kinda like raw emotion for me, it does the work of feeling for me.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
Quote by GeneralGrim
...PCP is seriously awesome

What's all this on my bones????

*rips off skin*
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I've been learning guitar longer than I've been tieing my shoe laces so It's basically a part of me now. I know alot of people say that, but I'd rather die than go deaf.
Music is about expressing yourself, challenging yourself, and having fun. I try to incorporate all three into my music. Dream Theater is a good example, imho. Which is why my friend who plays guitar and I like doing sort of tech death metal with lyrics about rape and Halo and Taco Bell, and down-tempo black metal.
Quote by imgooley
An introspective, intellectual question?

If that is the only reason you can think of to describe why you like music, then so be it. I tend not to use superficial reasoning for anything I like.

I don't see how it's so intelluctual. I eat for nutrition, to live. I work in school to get an education, so I can get a job to win money. I listen to music because I like it; it's not necessary, so why else would I do it?
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

To Get CHICKS mmmmmmmmmmmmm

I play a five minute shred solo which is so powerful it makes their g spot tingle, followed by some Necrophagist riffs which make their tits wobble with their earth shaking power, while wearing a Deicide singlet

and they sit there jiggling and cuming thinking " death metal is teh sexyz!!!!!"
Quote by walkinbazooka
I don't see how it's so intelluctual. I eat for nutrition, to live. I work in school to get an education, so I can get a job to win money. I listen to music because I like it; it's not necessary, so why else would I do it?

Superficial is superficial.

Education, employment, and money are not necessary to stay alive, and yet you do so anyway.

Do you not ask yourself why from time to time? It's called introspection. Further understanding of oneself leads to further understanding of others.

Why do you like the music you like? What does it present that other genres do not? Why do you play an instrument? Why do you choose to make music? What does it mean to you?

I'm sure there are answers to all these questions.
Music is a part of me. At any given point of time, there'll be a song playing in mind. Could be anything. Even if I'm studying or something, always a soundtrack. It's the background of conscience.
So girls think I'm cool when I tell them I listen to obscure sensitive indie bands from the nineties.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

music is emotional

i play music because it helps me experience this emotions better

music is a way of life - is this research for something TS?
Playing music is how I express my creative side, seeing as everything else I do isn't creative.

It's also my favourite pastime.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by red_hot_chili18

music is a way of life - is this research for something TS?

Naught more than for my own means.

Curiosity got the better of me.
Quote by imgooley
Superficial is superficial.

Education, employment, and money are not necessary to stay alive, and yet you do so anyway.

Do you not ask yourself why from time to time? It's called introspection. Further understanding of oneself leads to further understanding of others.

Why do you like the music you like? What does it present that other genres do not? Why do you play an instrument? Why do you choose to make music? What does it mean to you?

I'm sure there are answers to all these questions.

Education, employment, and money are necessary to maintain the current, comfortable lifestlye I live now. Don't go Henry David Thoreau on my ass, I've had enough of him.

I ask myself why quite a bit, but not about things as trivial as music. To all of those questions (except for the last), I say, 'because I enjoy it.' I like certain music because it sounds nice to my ears, that is all. It's fun to play an instrument because there is music I want to hear that no one has made yet, so I make it myself.

For me, it's not necessary to try to 'get deep' about things like music. It's simple. To analyze it would be fruitless.
Quote by shattamakar

Page 1 of 2