Alright i'm sorry if this is a retarded question, (i'm teh uber n00b when it comes to guitars, been playing bout 9 months)

But i was in GC today plugged into a line6 halfstack.. tube not one of their crapping modeling ones, and whenever i tried to change distortion or choose a preset it screamed at me... master volume + channel volume were normal until i changed it so i'm scared to touch them now..

wtf?
Maybe you should learn how to operate it's controls?

Just, y'know, a suggestion. My old Spider never gave me any trouble other than sounding like crap.
You probably had the volume too loud and the amp started to immediately feedback because you were standing right in front of it. Also, I don't think line 6 makes a full tube amp.

And fyi, their modeling amps are probably the best things they make (I would take a Vetta II in a heartbeat).

So really the thread title should read "WTF is up with me" for your incompetence on how to operate an amp.
was the master volume at like half?

becasue with the spiders, the channel volume you punch in goes back to whatever the presets ch vol is set too so whatt ever the knobs are at, its useless when you change channel. so keep the master uber low to avoid that kinda "screaming"
Quote by T!AN
You probably had the volume too loud and the amp started to immediately feedback because you were standing right in front of it. Also, I don't think line 6 makes a full tube amp.

And fyi, their modeling amps are probably the best things they make (I would take a Vetta II in a heartbeat).

So really the thread title should read "WTF is up with me" for your incompetence on how to operate an amp.

RAWFL LMAO UR SOOUOOU FUNYZ

Shut up dude i'm just asking why when i was going along playing and it sounded fine then i changed the distortion or whatever and it started feedbacking and being ridiculously loud

Edit:

Okay thank you person above me.. thats what i was looking for...
Quote by T!AN

Quote by T!AN

They make full tube amps. The Line 6 Spider Valve. They're new... :P
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by T!AN

So would I. The Vetta, and to a lesser degree, the Flextone, are both excellent products. It's just that the Spider series has brought the whole brand down.

Stilll, though, if I wanted a modeller, I'd buy an H&K Zentera.
Quote by BlisteringDDj
They make full tube amps. The Line 6 Spider Valve. They're new... :P

That isn't a full tube amp, it just has a tube power section.
Quote by Flying Couch
Wrong, actually. It's all tube. 3 12AX7s and 4 6L6s.

Always forget about that. I stand corrected.

EDIT: Although I still don't count it as full tube. But that's just me...
Last edited by T!AN at Aug 30, 2008,
It's mega-awesome!

I'm considering buying the 2x12.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
You are an idiot if you think Line 6 makes horrible products, and even professional musicians will tell you that their amp modeling is second to none. I've seen a few who only use a POD X3 on stage.

Besides that, every preset channel has a built in volume already into it, if you mess with knobs you are probably drastically changing that preset and perhaps the preset you were on wasn't meant to handle that setting.

But Line 6 doesn't make a full tube amp, they just made one with Bogner that uses tubes with the amp modeling, but that's as close as they get. I'd learn more about them before I started dissing them. They make some of the best bang-for-your-buck stuff and it's not totally cliche. Let everyone else in the world own a marshall half stack......
The Line 6 bashers are quite a cliquey group. Somebody thinks it ain't KEWL to own one, so the rest pig pile on.

Not the best amps in the world, but they make a good practice amp, and they won't **** your girlfriend when you're not home.
Quote by T!AN
Always forget about that. I stand corrected.

EDIT: Although I still don't count it as full tube. But that's just me...

..it has a tube pre and power section, what else would make it full tube?

tube rectifier and effects loop sir?
Quote by DaddyBarbs
But i was in GC today plugged into a line6 halfstack.. tube not one of their crapping modeling ones

All Line 6 amps are modelling, tube or SS. Line 6 are known for their modelling amps. And, most importantly Vettas and Flextones pwn plenty of tube amps for tone.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Flying Couch
Wrong, actually. It's all tube. 3 12AX7s and 4 6L6s.

But its still a modeling amp, TS said it wasnt a modeling amp which Line 6 doesnt make any amps that arent modeling amps....Don't take it the wrong way I like Line 6 I'm just making a point. I have a Pod X3 that I would trade for anything short of a real high end tube amp. Now I would'nt say I would reccomend the Spider Valve though you'd do a heck of a lot better getting an X3 and Hot Rod Deluxe, I'd stay away from anything spider if I where you, DaddyBarbs......
Quote by Osiris77
I'd stay away from anything spider if I where you, DaddyBarbs......

Oh, yeah, totally. The whole series has been a shit stain on the underwear of the guitar amp business since it's introduction.
Quote by sinister midget
The Line 6 bashers are quite a cliquey group. Somebody thinks it ain't KEWL to own one, so the rest pig pile on.

Not the best amps in the world, but they make a good practice amp, and they won't **** your girlfriend when you're not home.

Your amp ****s your girlfriend when you're not home?
Quote by Tedward

Pics, now.
Quote by Tedward

Oh my god!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

the channel volume on different presets could of been different, cuz ppl at gc like to mess around with them and program the preset with a screwed up channel vol.

i have a line 6 and it sucks

sounds incredably modern, digital, harmonics=impossible...

so called "insane" is insane sounds very fussy, digital, synthie (synth-ie)
The Spider Valve mixes modeling with tube. It takes the digital effects and models and pumps it through a tube amp.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
The Spider Valve mixes modeling with tube. It takes the digital effects and models and pumps it through a tube amp.

is the spidervalve any good? has anyone played it?
Ibanez FR Prestige (BKP'd out)
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412