Page 1 of 3
So earlier today, I was talking with a pianist who plays mostly classical stuff. We were talking about music, blah blah, but it somehow gets to where he calls the guitar an inferior instrument.

I tried to tell him that in the world of instruments there is no real inferiority, just different applications, but he wouldn't have it. I had my guitar with me, so I took it out and played some heavy classical stuff, and he said "well, do you know what any of that means?" He thought that I didn't know any theory. What. The. Hell. He explains to me like I was a child about how since I was a guitarist I didn't have to learn stuff like intervals. Apparently by his word guitarists go mostly 'willy nilly'.

So we pretty much had a music battle, classical style, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I just said "let's see you do this, asshole" and played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.

Rant over. Point is, (seinfeld impression) What's the deal with the guitars cultural impact creating reputations of musical incompetence?
Inferior? He can take his 88 fucking strings and stick them up his ass.
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Quote by GeneralGrim

So we pretty much had a music battle, classical style, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I just said "let's see you do this, asshole" and played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.

haha

WIN.
Quote by GeneralGrim
So earlier today, I was talking with a pianist who plays mostly classical stuff. We were talking about music, blah blah, but it somehow gets to where he calls the guitar an inferior instrument.

I tried to tell him that in the world of instruments there is no real inferiority, just different applications, but he wouldn't have it. I had my guitar with me, so I took it out and played some heavy classical stuff, and he said "well, do you know what any of that means?" He thought that I didn't know any theory. What. The. Hell. He explains to me like I was a child about how since I was a guitarist I didn't have to learn stuff like intervals. Apparently by his word guitarists go mostly 'willy nilly'.

Rant over. Point is, (seinfeld impression) What's the deal with the guitars cultural impact creating reputations of musical incompetence?

I lol'ed

has no signature.
People are assholes. Deal with it.

And piano is twice as cool electric guitar, even though acoustic guitar is a millions times cooler than both.
Quote by GeneralGrim

Even though I can think of a way to engineer a piano that can bend, this made me chuckle.
Quote by GeneralGrim

Owned. I hate people like that. Although he could have, had he been playing an electric piano.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
well done t/s. tis true many other instrumentalists think guitarists are lazy and less knowledgable about their instrument and theory.
Quote by Cabron1
well done t/s. tis true many other instrumentalists think guitarists are lazy and less knowledgable about their instrument and theory.

This is because quite a lot of guitarists are. It's stupid to generalise though.
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

piano is gay

nuff said
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
You can do the same for piano. My friend has never taken a piano lesson, doesn't know any theory other than what he learned from playing snare, and when reading sheet music, it takes him a few seconds to find the keys. But when he's just making up stuff, he kicks my ass. I can play sheet music and stuff, but when he's just making stuff up, he pwns me.
Quote by Kaed15
This is because quite a lot of guitarists are. It's stupid to generalise though.

Both of these statments are true as well.
Quote by Kaed15

Oxymoron what!
haha! You pretty much raped him with that bent note...
I have too much gear to fit!
Quote by Callicut
Now you know how drummers feel asshole.

hahahaha brilliant!
Guitar
Ibanez - S5470F
Epiphone - Les Paul Black Beauty
Line 6 - Spider II 210 - deceased :/
Blackstar HT studio 20
Farida D-8

Bass
Fender MIM Jazz
Ashdown ABM C115T-500 EVO II
Doppelgänger, i'm going to be honest. The girl in your avatar gave me a massive erection.

For the reals
Quote by Flying Couch
Even though I can think of a way to engineer a piano that can bend, this made me chuckle.

Oh My God. Pitch Bend Pedal
Quote by GeneralGrim
Doppelgänger, i'm going to be honest. The girl in your avatar gave me a massive erection.

For the reals

Oh.

Well she's very flattered.
Quote by Callicut
Now you know how drummers feel asshole.

drummers are usually too strung out on dope to feel anything

and to answer TSs original question:

The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Doppelgänger
Oh.

Well she's very flattered.

...OH....

it's you, isn't it?

...Well this is awkward, I think i'll just go... over...here.
Quote by GeneralGrim

For the reals

i know same here, she looks like some norweigan ice skater or dancer or something, who is that?
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
4)??????
Quote by GeneralGrim
...OH....
it's you, isn't it?

I wish.
Quote by Fuzzbox91
i know same here, she looks like some norweigan ice skater or dancer or something, who is that?

Finnish, actually. :P
Quote by Doppelgänger
I wish.

Finnish, actually. :P

i was pretty close,
The Mitch Clem formula
4)??????
You are win.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
I think that we can all agree that Doppelgänger's avatar is bonerific, but there are more pressing issues at hand-

Wait, no there aren't.

...Everybody go home, this topic is over.
I don't see how people can be saying guitar is better than piano, or "piano is gay."

Guitar was barely used in history because lutes and guitars can't project very well. Piano has always been one of the most technically demanding instruments and it has inspired many more works than guitar has.

It's much easier to play a melody well on a guitar than any other instrument. The reason guitar does stand out is because you can play many notes at a time with 6 strings and can play multiple rhythms on different strings since it's not a bowed instrument.

Yes, most guitar players are ignorant.

/flame suit
Quote by Shackman10
I don't see how people can be saying guitar is better than piano, or "piano is gay."

Guitar was barely used in history because lutes and guitars can't project very well. Piano has always been one of the most technically demanding instruments and it has inspired many more works than guitar has.

It's much easier to play a melody well on a guitar than any other instrument. The reason guitar does stand out is because you can play many notes at a time with 6 strings and can play multiple rhythms on different strings since it's not a bowed instrument.

Yes, most guitar players are ignorant.

/flame suit

You're completely wrong, Doppelganger's avatar is very attractive.
Quote by GeneralGrim

That's grade A pwnage right there son. This paragraph is made of 100% win.
Guitar is better than piano for one reason. You look retarded doing a power stance while playing piano. Other than that, they are equal. Except bass is superior to guitar because it's bigger.
Quote by Flying Couch

i'd probably be less worried about winning the 'music battle' than i would snapping a piano wire in my face rofl.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
nice, i salute you. kudos ts
Quote by InvaderTSN
It's the Asian blood in his veins. It allows him to accomplish things normal people are unable to.

Puberty was very vague. I literally locked myself in a room and played guitar.
Quote by GeneralGrim

So we pretty much had a music battle, classical style, copying what each other did and upping the ante and whatnot. After awhile of going nowhere, I just said "let's see you do this, asshole" and played a single note... and bent it up a step. And left.Rant over. Point is, (seinfeld impression) What's the deal with the guitars cultural impact creating reputations of musical incompetence?

Yeah, i'm just gonna go ahead and sig that.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by MikeAngel7
now u know how bassists feel

Actually, I'm gonna speak for all bassists when I say that we feel fine. All musicians, except guitar (ironic, huh?) recognize the importance of bassists in all genres of music.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
The reason people think guitar players are musically incompetent is because most bands just play 3 chords repeated over for every song.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Page 1 of 3