Yeah I'm going A levels soon and the requirement was to be able to play Grade 5 Bass. So I was wondering if someone can tell me a few songs and tabs that are at this level.
Thanks.
what do you mean by grade 5 and A levels? intermediate advance songs or what?
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Just buy the Rockschool Grade 5 book. It's rather easy considering its Grade 5, but they can't refuse you because it is grade 5.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
what would that be called? a Fibson with Gender confusion issues?
Quote by badgers brow
Yeah I'm going A levels soon and the requirement was to be able to play Grade 5 Bass. So I was wondering if someone can tell me a few songs and tabs that are at this level.
Thanks.

if you're at grade 5 then you really should be reading notation not tabs

yeah as the guy above me said just get a rockschool book and breeze through it, you shouldn't have much problem providing you have the basic idea of moving your fingers to play bass. and i'll tell you know A level music is easy, you only learn up to grade 3 or 4 in terms of theory but it's proper theory not rockschool theory

oh yeah buy yourself "the AB guide to music theory volume 1" i made use from my copy every theory lesson
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Okay thanks for the help, I can read notation but I find it a lot easier reading tab. Thanks though. Ill look into buying this rockschool book.
Seriously, rockschool is a joke. I would use it as a reference for the minimum standard you need, but after that, go with the most technical piece you can play perfectly.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Seriously, rockschool is a joke. I would use it as a reference for the minimum standard you need, but after that, go with the most technical piece you can play perfectly.

Yes that was what I was looking for mainly as I can play things like The Who and Level 42. But i wanted to know if it was of a good enough level.
As i was told by a guitar teacher that The Real Me by The Who was of a grade 3 standard. Which I'm still not sure is totally correct.