I'm looking at buying either a Vox Custom Classic AC15 or Fender Blues Junior, or Blues Deluxe. Any advice, suggestions, experiences?? Anyone have a preference? I know sound preference of an amp is purely subjective, but I like all 3.
that's like comparing apples to oranges...

The AC15 is british voicing, the blues junior is american fender voicing.

Whichever voicing you like best will suit you. Both great amps though, I'd take the ac15 over the BJ anyday though
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
AC15 for me. Better overdrive, classic amp, and has a 3-band EQ, which i know for sure a Blues Jr. doesnt have.
I like the AC15 a lot, but the NOS Blues Junior is pretty good.

The AC15 has a very nice midrange growl when you crank it. The NOS Blues Junior is very smooth in comparison.
What are you looking for in an amp? You gigging? What style of music?

Personally, none of those amps would be on my list. In the same price/size range, I'd be looking at Traynors and the Peavey Delta Blues.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by qotsa1998
AC15 for me. Better overdrive, classic amp, and has a 3-band EQ, which i know for sure a Blues Jr. doesnt have.

Well I know for sure that the Blues Jr. DOES have a 3 band EQ. Do your homework.

TS, I'd think twice. While the AC15 certainly won't be a bad amp, I've heard it's not the same tonally as the AC30. Just try out both and see what you like.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by qotsa1998

The AC15 doesn't have a three band EQ. Not even on the TB channel.
Quote by qotsa1998

you're probably thinking of the Pro Junior or the Valve Junior by Epiphone... I think. But I know that the Blues Junior DOES have a 3 band EQ.

threadstarter, go to a guitar store and try out the amps. it really depends on your sound preference, what music you play and if you're gigging or not.
Last edited by strat335 at Aug 30, 2008,
Quote by slatsmania
What are you looking for in an amp? You gigging? What style of music?

Personally, none of those amps would be on my list. In the same price/size range, I'd be looking at Traynors and the Peavey Delta Blues.

+1 to the questions and +1 to the suggestions.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
+1 to the questions and +1 to the suggestions.

Well I dunno, I mean it depends on the size of the gigs. The two are 15 tube watts, so that's decently loud for small gigs. Not a lot of clean headroom though.

Here's my experience with the Blues Jr. The cleans are very sparkly and glassy, that's probably its strong point. The natural overdrive is okay, I guess a bit mediocre, but if you have a tubescreamer or another overdrive with a mid hump it'll sound great.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Well I dunno, I mean it depends on the size of the gigs. The two are 15 tube watts, so that's decently loud for small gigs. Not a lot of clean headroom though.

Here's my experience with the Blues Jr. The cleans are very sparkly and glassy, that's probably its strong point. The natural overdrive is okay, I guess a bit mediocre, but if you have a tubescreamer or another overdrive with a mid hump it'll sound great.

I like the bj and the ac15 as well, it's just hard to recommend anything without knowing playing styles and how loud it needs to be.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by forsaknazrael
Same here.

I don't understand the surge of potential AC15 buyers here. It's not a good value - not even that great of an amp.

I sincerely disagree. I think it has loads of tone, and isn't too expensive.
Quote by forsaknazrael
For 600 bucks, you can get a lot of better amps. If I'm buying a Vox, I'm looking to cop that AC30 tone. This doesn't deliver.

See, that's the thing. If you are looking for that AC30 tone, it's not a good value. But the AC15 has great tone in and of itself, though not the AC30 tone.

Also, it's only 50 bucks more expensive than a NOS Blues Junior.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Given the two choices, I'd rather get a used Blues Jr. The NOS BJr is quite pricey for a 15W amp, IMO.
Really puts you in the price range of amps with more headroom.

Yeah, but for my sound, I need power tube distortion anyway. 15 watts is good for that.

It depends on the person and what they want. Either of those amps are good at what they do.
uuuummmm.......TS?

you've been on UG since 2004 and you are just now asking a question like this.
VS.
a leading question with no background or budget or music styles or gear list or clean/to metal ratio, or guitar/pups, or etc or etc, or gig or home, or etc

play a bunch of stuff - check used gear and make short list and come back is my suggestion imo
Quote by imgooley
See, that's the thing. If you are looking for that AC30 tone, it's not a good value. But the AC15 has great tone in and of itself, though not the AC30 tone.

Also, it's only 50 bucks more expensive than a NOS Blues Junior.

Yeah, but for $40 more than that, you can buy a Peavey Delta Blues 115 that blows both of them away. The Traynor YCV 20 WR is $700, but it's got two channels and a better speaker than either the Vox or the NOS Fender. It's worth the difference in cash, IMHO.

Better yet, take that $600 or so to the used market and get a really nice amp.

Idk... I'm just not a fan of either of those amps.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Yeah, but for $40 more than that, you can buy a Peavey Delta Blues 115 that blows both of them away. The Traynor YCV 20 WR is $700, but it's got two channels and a better speaker than either the Vox or the NOS Fender. It's worth the difference in cash, IMHO.

Better yet, take that $600 or so to the used market and get a really nice amp.

Idk... I'm just not a fan of either of those amps.

And I'm a fan of both.

Dif'rnt strokes for dif'rnt folks.