zee guiter

i really dig this guitar, does anyone else have experiance with it? i played it at my local music store and they have it for 450$, but since i'm going to be getting a fender champ 600 anyways, i figure i can get them both together for 575-600$. are they good guitars?

i already have two strats for blusier stuff and my main guitar is an Epi Les paul from the nineties that i use for everything. i've always wanted something with a Floyd or some other locking tremolo system, but i could never find a left handed one.

so, should i go fer it?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I had it and hated it, there is no easy way to tune that floating bridge. I'm getting an Ibanez Rg1570 Prestige, that's the only good left handed guitar that Ibanez makes, imo. I'd save up for a Jackson DK2, I have one and it is a great guitar. Lots of versatility and the Floyd stays in tune.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
bump
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by littel
Get a Schecter. mhmm.

they don't have one in the store, and i don't feel comfortable purchasing a guitar i have never tried. and i'm not sure if there is anyone in town that services Schecters.

the only reason i was looking at this ibanez was because
A: they have one
B: i tried it, liked it
C: they can service them, they are an authorized dealer

i am not looking for suggestions, i am looking for people who have had experience wit this particular model.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Martin Scott
It's terrible, and has one of those god-awful Edge III trems.

This.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by Jhachey22

B: i tried it, liked it

Well then there you go.

I've had one for the last year. Hate the bridge, but I didn't know any better at the time. I also hate the pickups, so upgrading at least the bridge pickup would be a good idea. I love the neck though, great feel. If you like it, get it. But there's definitely better out there.
they make a lefty sa, that is better than the rg, which is possibly the pporest choice of model fo them to make left handed
so, from what i have read, the bridge is the biggest problem, could i just replace it with a Floyd Rose? or would i have to do some routing?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Honestly, whatever you end up buying, make sure you know what you're getting when it comes to the bridge. If it's a Edge III, it's definitely a no, no, NO! from me.

IIRC, the cavity of the Edge III doesn't match other Ibanez bridge shapes. I have no idea if you could put a FR in there or if it would even be value for money. In an Ibanez, you should definitely be looking at the Edge Pro if you plan to use the whammy bar at all, otherwise you'll be regretting your purchase constantly.
Last edited by Serotonin at Sep 1, 2008,
well, it stayed in tune for the thirty minues i was playing ti in the store, and i wouldn't imagine being ina situation of playing it for mor than 45 min (i also have two strats and a les paul i use frequently).

i was honestly seeing if 450 was a good deal, or should i try to haggle it down to 400$?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater