Hey guys. The current system with which I record is only letting me record into the left speaker. I was wondering if there is a way to duplicate what's in the left speaker and put it in the right one. I've got Ableton and a palette of audio editing programs, so let me know if you know of a way to do this.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

Are you recording mono tracks and panning them to center? And have you switched the connections between the speakers to see if it's the speaker's or cable's fault?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Aug 31, 2008,
No, it's just that my interface has two channels, one of which records into the left speaker, and another that goes into the right. My mics/guitars/amps/etc only have one out, so I can't go into both. The only thing I have that has a left and right out is my old digitech RP300, I could try that.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
(Progressive Metal is) like playing Nirvana, but faster, with little or no powerchords, cleanly, with more technique, and complex time signatures.

Hmm...even if you use one input at a time, if properly mixed in Ableton, the interface should output out of both speakers.

What interface do you have exactly? And if it has a headphone output, does this phenomenon still happen?
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
You should record to a MONO track and choose only one input for recording. What I think you're doing is that you're recording to a stereo track with two inputs but have the signal going to just one input and thus you hear the audio from just one speaker.
Quote by Stratwizard
You should record to a MONO track and choose only one input for recording. What I think you're doing is that you're recording to a stereo track with two inputs but have the signal going to just one input and thus you hear the audio from just one speaker.

I think this may be the case. I'm going to work on it. Thx all for the help.
Quote by Portuguese_boy