My first question is about the little button called "Volume" below the "Boost Gain" button in the "Lead" section of the amp:

Is the volume "boost" supposed to be substantial when the button is pushed in? To be honest, I'm not sure if I can hear any difference at all in volume when it is pushed in. If it helps you in answering the question, the gain is at around half and the volume is only at about 1 or 2 though.

---

Is it bad if I hear a little rattle when I put my amp down? It sounds like its coming from the tube cage-thingy.

Thank you.
The rattle is probably from the spring reverb. The volume boost may not be very noticeable when you have the volume that low.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
The rattle is probably from the spring reverb. The volume boost may not be very noticeable when you have the volume that low.

So the rattle is not a problem?
No, as long as it does it only when you move the amp. If it happens all the time or intermittently then it may be something else.
Quote by Kevin Saale
No, as long as it does it only when you move the amp. If it happens all the time or intermittently then it may be something else.

Alright. Thanks a bunch. But before you leave, I have another question:

Even at volume 2 on the lead channel, I hear quite loud buzz. Is that normal? Or is it a guitar problem? When I unplug the guitar the buzz is gone.
What kind of guitar? Does it have single coil or humbucker pickups?
when i tried the amp at my local music store, me and the salesperson couldn't figure out what that volume boost does! it didn't boost volume that's for sure we even skimmed through the manual searching but found no answers
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Kevin Saale
What kind of guitar? Does it have single coil or humbucker pickups?

Humbucker, Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by danyellenik
when i tried the amp at my local music store, me and the salesperson couldn't figure out what that volume boost does! it didn't boost volume that's for sure we even skimmed through the manual searching but found no answers

Well, I looked in the manual and it actually does say that is supposed to "boost the volume" and is the same thing as "turning of the volume knob".
Hmm, probably shouldn't buzz then. Maybe theres something wrong with the wiring in your guitar. Can you test with a different guitar?
Quote by Kevin Saale
Hmm, probably shouldn't buzz then. Maybe theres something wrong with the wiring in your guitar. Can you test with a different guitar?

Yeah with fender standard tele I get the same, if not louder, feedback. :P
Crap, this shouldve been one of my starting questions...

On the bottom of the amp, there is a rectangular "box". It is held down by 1 screw, even though there are 2 holes... one of the holes has a screw in it, the other one is empty. Am I supposed to have 2 screws? (Not to mention the one screw that IS in there is kinda loose).

Also, please excuse my noobiness for not even knowing what the thing I'm talking about is, lol.
Quote by negativnancy
Crap, this shouldve been one of my starting questions...

On the bottom of the amp, there is a rectangular "box". It is held down by 1 screw, even though there are 2 holes... one of the holes has a screw in it, the other one is empty. Am I supposed to have 2 screws? (Not to mention the one screw that IS in there is kinda loose).

Also, please excuse my noobiness for not even knowing what the thing I'm talking about is, lol.

sounds like the reverb tank? are there any wires leaving it?
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
sounds like the reverb tank? are there any wires leaving it?

yeah. 2.
Quote by negativnancy
yeah. 2.

then it's your reverb tank, and if it looks like there's screws missing, replace them with new ones.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
the rectangular tank attached to bottom of amp is your reverb tank/pan
there should be a red and white RCA cables running to top. I've unplugged mine.

rattle is prolly this tank but could be something else. make sure you unplug before inspecting stuff.

the volume button for me doesn't do all that much. the Boost button itself, dummy jack in Insert 1, over-drive pedal, gain knob, and other things will affect volume more (at least in my experience)

what are your settings now?

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
the rectangular tank attached to bottom of amp is your reverb tank/pan
there should be a red and white RCA cables running to top. I've unplugged mine.

rattle is prolly this tank but could be something else. make sure you unplug before inspecting stuff.

the volume button for me doesn't do all that much. the Boost button itself, dummy jack in Insert 1, over-drive pedal, gain knob, and other things will affect volume more (at least in my experience)

what are your settings now?

2 volume, 12 oclock gain, 9oclock bass, 12oclock mid, max treb, no reverb.
your just playing in bedroom/basement i take it?

Here is mine:

HSS Strat 4th position, sometimes 5th
Bad Monkey OD gain: 0, Level 7
Jack into 2nd Input
dummy jack in 1st Input
Texture on "A"
vol: 4
gain: 4
bass: 7
mid: 7
treb: 6
reverb: 0
dummy patch cable or something in effects loop
volume boost: off
Boost gain: on
Lead channel of course (but basically I do same thing for clean)

try it