Hey guys, i don't really play acoustic, so i don't post here much, but my girlfriend's dad has a 150th anniversary martin 12 string, and he's looking to sell it, but was wondering what it would fetch. it's really his mother's as he doesn't play guitar. I didn't know what to tell him as i have no clue about acoustic's. Could anyone here give me a ballpark price as to what they think he would get? It was in pretty great shape, a few blemishes, action was pretty low, and was very playable. it sounded amazing, thanks for any help.
There have been a few on Ebay ... a mint 6 string (150th 1983) didn't sell at $1,500. Do you know the model? That'd sure help in coming up with a price. I might have a 'Blue Book' value for you. But you can only get what someone (the market) is willing to pay, no matter what the blue book shows.
They made a few different 12 strings (D-18 & D-28 that I know of)... not sure how many different 150th anniversary models were made.
Gear:
2 PRS Custom 24's
PRS Tremonti SE #7 Pickups
Gibson SG '61 Reissue
Warmoth Guitars (4)
Fender Tele
Gretch 5120 w/ TV-J's
Mesa Nomad 100 & Rect-O-Verb
Fender Twins (2) & Hot Rod
Acoustics - Alvarez, Lowden, Martin HD-35

Scott B
i'm not sure, sorry : ( , i'll have to check next time i'm over there, thanks alot though!