I play a lot of jazz and blues soloes, i do a lot of clapton stuff, and i love playing stuff as heavy as A7X nething heavier i usually dont like.

anyways im looking into a new amp. Looking for somthing all tube with great tone and versatility.

in your opinion what should i get with these two price ranges

~$500 (i was looking at the kustom defender dunno if that'll go as heavy as i like tho)

and

~$1000(orange keeps coming to mind in this price range but what do you recomend)

I feel kind of helpless shopping for amps because last time i bought an amp i got a spider 3 and im really bummed out.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
so is your top end budget $1,000

clean/blues to modern metal is always a stretch. I would maybe find a used amp that can do most of that well. Originally, I was going to say a Fender tube amp but luckily I caught the A7X part so bump for ya.

With $1,000 you should nail it. With $500 you will struggle. Do you play live or just home?

Peavey XXX combos (used)
Mesa DC-5 combos (used)
Mesa .50 Caliber combos (used)
Bugera 333xl combo
Mesa F-30 combo (used)

All of which will be damn decent for what you play, and most of those used ones can be found in the 700 dollar range
Is the clean on the triple XXX worth writing home about? All I ever hear is how bad it is on the 5150s and the 6505s.
Quote by GibsonTheGuitar
Is the clean on the triple XXX worth writing home about? All I ever hear is how bad it is on the 5150s and the 6505s.

Its so much better. Its not even comprable.

TBH the cleans on the XXX are actually preety ok to my ears.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Peavey XXX combos (used)
Mesa DC-5 combos (used)
Bugera 333xl combo
Mesa F-30 combo (used)

All of which will be damn decent for what you play, and most of those used ones can be found in the 700 dollar range

This man is correct. I wouldn't include the XXX really, but I just don't like it personally.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Peavey XXX combos (used)
Mesa DC-5 combos (used)
Bugera 333xl combo
Mesa F-30 combo (used)

Let's see.

"I play a lot of Blues and Jazz Solos..."

And you say a bunch of high gain amps...

Hmm...

Anyway, a JCM 800 can do blues, but leaves a bit wanted in the Jazz catagory.

But if you can find a MKIII used, that would be the best option.
Quote by imgooley
Let's see.

"I play a lot of Blues and Jazz Solos..."

And you say a bunch of high gain amps...

Hmm...

Anyway, a JCM 800 can do blues, but leaves a bit wanted in the Jazz catagory.

But if you can find a MKIII used, that would be the best option.

Those amps do have a lot of gain, but I know that the f-30 can do lighter stuff quite nicely. I've played a XXX a few times and I could get a nice classic rock crunch from none other than the crunch channel.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Those amps do have a lot of gain, but I know that the f-30 can do lighter stuff quite nicely. I've played a XXX a few times and I could get a nice classic rock crunch from none other than the crunch channel.

Is the triple x similar to the JSX?

I found the JSX combo to be a bit fizzy.

EDIT: Also, is the F-30 combo a 1x12? If so, I played one, and it sounded pretty good.
^I think they are, but I've never played one, so I wouldn't know.

Edit:Yeah, it's a 1x12. I love it. I wasn't even specifically looking for one and I ended up finding one at a store where I was looking a traynor ycv50 blue. I ended up trying it out and it rocked.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
^I think they are, but I've never played one, so I wouldn't know.

I couldn't get a sound I liked out of the JSX fwiw.

EDIT: Yeah, the F-30 has an awesome natural fuzz tone that I love.
Goolz I think think the JSX would be pretty much perfect for what TS wants. Could it be just the piece you played on?

I suggest go for the JSX TS.
Quote by akack
Goolz I think think the JSX would be pretty much perfect for what TS wants. Could it be just the piece you played on?

Could be.

It was at Guitar Center, and we all know the state of the floor models there.

I just found it to be very grainy. The crunch was the best channel on it, by far, but the other two channels, especially the lead, were nigh unusable for my tastes. The clean was a bit too sterile, imo. The lead had too much gain (i know... I am not a gain *****).

For blues and Jazz, it's not the best choice. For the money it costs, you can get a used MKIII, which will slay the JSX.

The JSX is about 1300 bucks new, right? For that much money, you can get a LSS, which in my opinion, has some of the best cleans around.
Quote by akack
Possibly, but the one I played had stunning cleans and did a nice tight blues sound pretty well.

Try them out TS.

Tone is in the ear of the beholder