First off, let's be mature, no puns.

Second, what the hell is up with this? I've been using the same brand of strings for 4 years now, and have never had a problem. About 2 months ago, I got an Ibanez AEG-10, and every time I change the strings, my G will break within a couple days. I've taken apart the tuner mechanism, greased it up, checked the bridge and the nut, and everything seems kosher. I've been using my other guitars + the onboard tuner and I just don't know what the problem could be. Any constructive advice is welcome.
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
Where is it breaking? Same spot everytime? Does it happen when you bend or what?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Could be a sharp part on a certain fret?
Signatures are overrated.
yeah do check if its the same spot everytime. there may be a part of the bridge that is rubbing the string the wrong way, making it break prematurely
NOPE
Well, unfortunately there will be no diagnosis tonight, as I have run out of strings to replace it with. It seems to be breaking at the tuner most of the time and usually happens when I'm tuning. Never has it broken on a fresh string, which it just did. Normally it breaks when I tune down then tune back up.

Which leads me to another question, should I let the strings stretch out before I start getting away from standard tuning? What is a good amount of time to stretch the strings?

And thanks for the quick replies fellas, I knew I liked this place for a reason!
"It it best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open your mouth and prove it."
It's probably a bit of binding in the nut.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
It's probably a bit of binding in the nut.

That's probably a good possibility. Either way, I'd have a repairman look at it. If its something with the nut he may be able to fix in just a few minutes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by apec_solo_king

Which leads me to another question, should I let the strings stretch out before I start getting away from standard tuning? What is a good amount of time to stretch the strings?

I usually let my guitar sit in standard for 2 or 3 days after I restring it, but this isn't the problem with your guitar. Probably something with the bridge.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Try a different string brand, or maybe a wound G.

I break strings when I tune a lot, too. There are some things you can do to help eliminate this occurrence, too.