Poll: Why don't you like Obama?
Poll Options
View poll results: Why don't you like Obama?
He's black.
12 29%
He's Muslim.
3 7%
I don't like his policies.
12 29%
He's an elitist.
1 2%
He's got a funny name.
6 14%
I like Sarah Palin more than Joe Lieberman.
0 0%
He's inexperienced.
8 19%
Voters: 42.
Page 1 of 2
Simple. Just tell me why. I'm all for Obama, and I'd just like to see whether people on here are uneducated assholes (he's black! he's a Muslim!) or whether they just don't like his politics.
You should get some pretty interesting answers here...
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
I don't like either, because they're both extremely liberal.

In my opinion, they're both equally bad; it's just that McCain tries to appear Republican, and Obama obviously doesn't.
I believe he's making promises he can't keep and taking advantage of young people who know nothing about politics and just want the hip guy. I also don't want to have to wait 6 months for a check-up at my doctor. That said, I'm not a McCain supporter.
there used to be an only politics thread somewhere around

anyway, i dont really care about neither ! =P
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
I like threads like this instead of the Political Thread, because no one posts in it. As long as we don't get the same threads constantly, I like it better like this.
He's not that great unless his speech writers make him a good speech. When people start asking him questions, he starts to stumble because he doesn't have prepared answers. He just memorizes things on energy and taxes and goes with it. McCain has challenged him to several debates, all of which Obama has declined.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

There's no "He seems like a total bullshit artist" option?
I've noticed a couple answers that I should put up, but I can't edit the poll. Sorry. Should have remembered the "irrelevant" option.
+1

I hate how everyone's like "Obama wants to bring change", and that's it. It's so ****ing lame. I don't think most of his supporters even know what he believes in, they just like him because he'll bring "change", and for some reason, people always think change is a good thing.
I'm not American, but I'm human so this affects me indirectly. I hope Obama wins over McCain, not because Obama is better, but because Palin is the WORST! I have a feeling McCain is going to drop dead during his presidency (if he wins) and if that happens we're gonna have A TOTALLY Right-Wing U.S. pres!
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Last edited by KKING911 at Aug 30, 2008,
I believe he is inexperienced, and his policies are all vision and no substance. I'm also not fond of McCain.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by spartan 118
He's not that great unless his speech writers make him a good speech. When people start asking him questions, he starts to stumble because he doesn't have prepared answers. He just memorizes things on energy and taxes and goes with it. McCain has challenged him to several debates, all of which Obama has declined.

ok, but does that take away from his polices at all? no.
Funny thing to bring up, which party has more experience now? Its funny because they're both equally matched now.
Quote by kaosfire
ok, but does that take away from his polices at all? no.

I think what he was getting at was that he knows the things he wants to do, but has never provided any information about how he's going to do them.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
I'm not really swinging any certain way yet, but I feel Obama is becoming more of a celebrity than a leader. He feels like an actor to me. McCain has always been genuine and he's not making promises he can't commit to just to get votes. Plus McCain has so much more experiece with foreign policy.
Quote by frottage
+1

I hate how everyone's like "Obama wants to bring change", and that's it. It's so ****ing lame. I don't think most of his supporters even know what he believes in, they just like him because he'll bring "change", and for some reason, people always think change is a good thing.

theres no way that a change can be bad after bush haha
blahblahblah
Well, I support Obama now, but when I did support McCain it was because I believed he had the balls to lead a country, unlike Bush. I believed change was nothing if you couldn't back it up, that everyone who supported Obama was jumping on a bandwagon, and that they were jumping in without looking to see what they were getting into. I didn't think he'd be the same as Bush because in high pressure situations Bush would run away by going on vacation or somewhere else, while McCain would have stones.

Oh, and the democratic VP candidate is Joe Biden. Joe Lieberman has nothing to do with this year's election. Now who's the uneducated asshole.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Eric 666
Funny thing to bring up, which party has more experience now? Its funny because they're both equally matched now.

Exactly, McCain F'ed up big time. This will probably cost him the election that the Republicans shouldn't have even been in in the first place.

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Irony alert.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by frottage
+1

So you're saying the economy heading into a depression is a good thing?
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Riddler
I think what he was getting at was that he knows the things he wants to do, but has never provided any information about how he's going to do them.

That's exactly what I was going for, but I guess I wasn't very direct. :/

It's late.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Even if you don't like Obama, wouldn't the wise thing be to elect a different type of candidate?

He might not change the world, but at least it won't be another 8 years of Bush(McCain).
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by myearshurt
Cause McCain's done it again!

nah obama pwns all

what happened to hilary? sorry, im not american, i dont keep up with the news and im not good when it comes to politics

She recently gave a speech at the Democratic National Convention urging all democrats to line up behind Obama. Basically she's trying to keep her supporters that don't like Obama to vote for him anyway.
Who dat?
Quote by CrashedTheShow3
Why is the Politics thread no longer stickied?

Look in the forbidden threads thread, it has a link there.
Quote by Riddler

anyone that watched his speech at his convention cannot say that, and he USED to always talk policy, and people didnt like hearing all that, so he just made all of it available to anyone who cared enough to look at his site. It is a GOP myth that he doesnt have policy, he does, hes just not always shoving them in your face.

and frankly, the only policy i ever hear from mccain is his gimmicks.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I didn't think he'd be the same as Bush because in high pressure situations Bush would run away by going on vacation or somewhere else, while McCain would have stones.

That may just be true, but now I'm not questioning his policies. What I'm questioning is his health. I think he is unfit to be president because he's too damn old and unhealthy.

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by Steppin' Razor
I think you mean Biden, man.. Not Leiberman

yeah. Anyway, Biden>mccain.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
yeah. Anyway, Biden>mccain.

Biden's been how many years in the Senate? 35 was it I heard? if so...man...McCain really fucked up.
Hmmm... I just disagree with a lot of his policies. I only narrowly favor McCain over Obama, though.
The medium is the message!
Palin and McCain are war happy republican psychos, and Obama is an inexperienced black dude who just has visions and is only out to gain young votes because he is 'cool'.

I'd rather have a president who ****s his secratary, than his country. BRING BACK CLINTON!!

so needless to say, if i could vote *ahem*, lol, i wouldnt even vote in this election.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Last edited by bjovi400 at Aug 30, 2008,
Page 1 of 2