Ok, so I'm gonna get a new amp and I've been looking at these two. I just wanted to know which would be more suited to play bands like AC/DC, Van Halen, The Who, Rush, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin along with some other heavier stuff. I know that the amps alone probably won't be able to handle the heavier stuff alone but I have a wylde overdrive to help. Which would be better for the stuff I play? And in this particular situation, let's say that I would be able to get each for $400, which is my max budget.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
Epiphone G-400 1968 w/ Mean 90
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Classic 30. I had a hot rod deluxe and can say that it's not good for the bands you mentioned. It has great clean channel and sound good with an overdrive on the clean channel, but you can't go much heavier than blues really.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Classic 30

Stock, if you turn the pre-amp gain all the way up you can easily attain Jcm800ish tones.

I use mine with an od. In that way, I get some Pantera/Lamb of God tones.
although i love my hot rod, the classic 30 is voiced pretty much perfectly for what your into.
however, if possible, try both out, you never know which one you will prefer.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Yeah, the Classic 30 will be able to get to VH, Rush, ACDC, Who, Sabbath, etc more quickly.

They are both great amps imo. Do you gig? They are both loud as snot.

you obviously are buying used. Are you strictly down to these amps? VS. threads like this one kinda suck.

I have tried them both out and I do prefer the Classic 30 but I wasn't sure how heavy the fender could get. The hot rod did have a couple features that I would like, but they're not even that important. Im not gigging now, but it is a possibility in the future. And I know they're loud, I planned on getting a weber attenuator anyways. But I'm not limited to just these two. It's just that they're at a price I can afford, I can try both out at gc, and I can get them locally. If you have any suggestions, feel free to say so. But I do have a budget and I'd like to be able to try it before I buy it.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby
The classic 30 is great for you and probably the best amp you'll be able to find for 400 bucks.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
+1

your added info only solidifies it.

so are you finding stuff thar in your loco? My guess is you have lots of stuff to look at. Sometimes, searching on Electric guitar will open things up a bit....craigslist.com that is.
All the stuff I'm looking at is at gc. But the hot rod is from my brother's friend. And I'm not finding anything better for $400 on craislist so the classic 30 it is. Thanks. ^_^
Gear:

Peavey Classic 30
Vox AC4TV
FullTone OCD V4
BYOC 250+ (Dist. +)
Marshall Regenerator
Dunlop Original Crybaby