Page 1 of 2
So I know that these threads have been quite common throughout the pit. There haven't been any for a while though, and I thought that it would be better to start a new one than to bump an old one. If not, I apologize.

So anyway, it's pretty straight forward.

Once I was in this group of people, and I started talking to this one guy that I had just met, and somehow we got on the topic of politics. I don't remember what brought it up, but he ended up saying this: "The US is a monarchy, right?" Of course, that was a total *facepalm* moment for me.

Here's another one. I was with a friend of mie, and he was looking at an older Guitar World magazine. He flipped to one of the transcribed songs, which happened to be "I Don't Wanna Stop" by Ozzy. I mentioned that I didn't really like that song, and I thought that Wylde did a terrible job on the solo. Then my friend was like "Oh, Zakk Wylde is in Ozzy's band? I thought it was Randy Rhoads.." I just sort of started at him for a second, nd then was like "No, he died after their second album." He then was like "Oh yeah, and then Tony Iommi took over, right?" again I just sort of stared at him and was like "No, he was the guitarist for Black Sabbath".

I didn't make fun of him or anything, because it's not that big of a deal, I just found it funny.
Quote by Spamwise
So I know that these threads have been quite common throughout the pit. There haven't been any for a while though, and I thought that it would be better to start a new one than to bump an old one. If not, I apologize.

So anyway, it's pretty straight forward.

Once I was in this group of people, and I started talking to this one guy that I had just met, and somehow we got on the topic of politics. I don't remember what brought it up, but he ended up saying this: "The US is a monarchy, right?" Of course, that was a total *facepalm* moment for me.

Here's another one. I was with a friend of mie, and he was looking at an older Guitar World magazine. He flipped to one of the transcribed songs, which happened to be "I Don't Wanna Stop" by Ozzy. I mentioned that I didn't really like that song, and I thought that Wylde did a terrible job on the solo. Then my friend was like "Oh, Zakk Wylde is in Ozzy's band? I thought it was Randy Rhoads.." I just sort of started at him for a second, nd then was like "No, he died after their second album." He then was like "Oh yeah, and then Tony Iommi took over, right?" again I just sort of stared at him and was like "No, he was the guitarist for Black Sabbath".

I didn't make fun of him or anything, because it's not that big of a deal, I just found it funny.

. .
It was a graveyard smash.
A friend who dribbles infinate amounts of crap once said there could be a giant planet out there made of gold.I had to hold back the laughter.
"I like fall out boy."
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

Quote by (Metal)lica
"I like fall out boy."

How is that dumb? He might actually like Fall Out Boy...
Quote by lotsofvolume
How is that dumb? He might actually like Fall Out Boy...

he does, why else would he say it..?
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

I remember I a lot of times when someone saids something and someone else always goes
"SEARRRCHBARRRRR LOLZ"
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by (Metal)lica
he does, why else would he say it..?

No te entiendo.

My friend told me that Blink182 wrote "The kids aren't alright." On his playlist it clearly said it was by The Offspring. But he was reassured me it was by Blink182
My friend Jesse is a moron. In one class last year me and these two other guys kept naming places and asking him what sort of geographical location they were, i.e. "Hey Jesse, is Montana a city or a state?" and he'd get them wrong half the time. Not funny on paper, but funny if you were there.

Actually, recently we managed to confuse the hell out of him over the whole Russia/Georgia business.

"States don't get in wars, Georgia is a state, Georgia STATE University, there, that proves it!"

"Thinking about going to college there, Jesse? You might get drafted into the war."

Good times...
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
"Who won last year's Olympics?"
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by Daryl_Summers
A friend who dribbles infinate amounts of crap once said there could be a giant planet out there made of gold.I had to hold back the laughter.

A planet made of gold would be amazing. that means there's gold hookers, and what could be better than a golden hooker?
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Well, this wasn't said to me, I actually just said this once without thinking at ALL, but my history teacher asked the class if anyone knew what it meant to domesticate animals, and I just blurted out, "Isn't that when animals get married?" He didn't laugh, he just kind of looked at me for a couple of seconds and went on...
Quote by Fivebretz
It's hard for a thread that has so much potential to be great to fail so bad. Congratulations to you TS.

Just what I was thinking..Oh well.
I was working at blockbuster today and someone asked where the movies were.

Not a specific movie mind you, the movies.
Quote by first_aid
I was working at blockbuster today and someone asked where the movies were.

Not a specific movie mind you, the movies.

I was playing wiffleball in middle school PE. I was playing first base. A girl kept telling me I had to play the bag even though there weren't any runners. I kept explaining to her that you only play the bag if there's a runner on and you're worried about him stealing a base. She said I was wrong and she "knows" because her dad played baseball.
When a guitarist that has been playing for nine yrs asked me "Whats A Capo?"
"o ya ... pink floyd was a great song!"
no joke
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic
A girl in my 9th grade accelerated (as opposed to standard) history class tried to convince me there were 52 states.

Another person thought the Pledge of Allegiance was our national anthem.

D:
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
This girl I was talking to was trying to flirt I guess, so she said I looked like I was from Ethiopia. 'Isn't that the country known for attractive people?' I told her it was known for AIDS.
Quote by Steppin' Razor
This girl I was talking to was trying to flirt I guess, so she said I looked like I was from Ethiopia. 'Isn't that the country known for attractive people?' I told her it was known for AIDS.

Amazing..
This girl at blockbuster tried to convince me the towel trick for a broken 360 was a good idea. I told her it wasn't.

She argued that she was a "professional computer engineer" and knows these things.

I asked, "Then why are you working at Blockbuster?"
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
my best friend once said (on the topic of another friends super hot sister)

"if your sister was my sister, i'd boink her"

promptly followed by much explaining saying thats not what he meant haha. he will forever be branded with that comment
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to join

Member of the I have every metallica album and I love it!
club. PM BDR_23 to join

www.myspace.com/shepherdjoe

X
ive heard several retarded comments in my time..im surrounded by dumbasses...but lets see

today someone told me that black people have endured the most slavery in time.(he was wrong)

and this chick told me she played a Gibson Squire...yes im serious
Quote by jsbud11
Dude your leetness is maximum.
Seriously if you leave UG without becoming a mod, I will kill someone.
Quote by Devopast
This is turning into fap-to-amazingfretman's-love-a-thon
i was talking to a girl and i told her i played classical guitar. she said oh no way, i do too. i asked her who her favorite composer was and she said elvis....
Call me Jack
I asked my friend "Hey man you have a lot of homework last night?" And he goes "Yeah I was doing it with my mom until at least midnight." And I said "You dirty Sanchez" and he goes "You mean the dirtbike from GTA?
Quote by amazing FretMan
ive heard several retarded comments in my time..im surrounded by dumbasses...but lets see

today someone told me that black people have endured the most slavery in time.(he was wrong)

and this chick told me she played a Gibson Squire...yes im serious

well, i would say that 'black" people have been enslaved for as long as anyone else, including the jews, just not on as large as a scale. slavery has been around ever since there have been fighting tribes, and it even exists today in Africa, as well as many parts of the world.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
In my history class our teacher said he was voting for Nader (whom he refered to as "Ralphy") and then later in the class a girl asked him who he was going to vote for and he said "Ralphy" again, and she said "No, I mean for president. He said Ralph Nader and she said "But there is only two people running."
I play football, so i'm surrounded by linemen who typically don't have a lot of intelligence, but one of our linemen was asked what his I.Q was and he responded quite proudly with "well my I.Q. is a 4.0!"
Quote by yekeab
led zeppelin was a great guitarist

damn...thats on the level of pink floyd was a good song...

it reminds me of someone who asked why a black person (referring to jimi hendrix) would play guitar if he likes rap...and then followed that by saying he is actually kinda good...no blink 182 but still he is alright...when is he gonna go on tour?
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
One time I wore a Black Sabbath shirt to school that looked something like this:

Some chick asked me which one is Ozzy. As if it's not completely ****ing obvious. I also remember some guy trying to convince me that Blink 182 isn't mainstream. I'm glad I don't go to that school anymore.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Quote by chea_man
well, i would say that 'black" people have been enslaved for as long as anyone else, including the jews, just not on as large as a scale. slavery has been around ever since there have been fighting tribes, and it even exists today in Africa, as well as many parts of the world.

touche....

but....damn...touche

jews have....damn

im right though!

jews were slaves longer!
Quote by jsbud11
Quote by Devopast
This girl i work with at KFC came in the kitchen to tell me that they needed chicken strips.
Before she says anything, I hold up a bag full of strips, and say,"Strips?"
She turns to walk away. Then she turns back around and says,"We need strips!"
I stare at her for a sec then shack the bag a little.
"Oh, are those strips?"
I work with IMBECILES!!!!!!!
Two of my friends (one is the same person I mentioned earlier) honestly thought Kirk Hammet is the best guitarist to ever live.I tried telling them he isn't all that and after YEARS of arguing about it I introduced them to some Vai,Malmsteen and Batio clips.

Utterly pwnt.
Quote by Toaster Pastry
One time I wore a Black Sabbath shirt to school that looked something like this:

Some chick asked me which one is Ozzy. As if it's not completely ****ing obvious. I also remember some guy trying to convince me that Blink 182 isn't mainstream. I'm glad I don't go to that school anymore.

I have no ****ing idea which one is ozzy, it's a perfectly honest question for her to ask
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Page 1 of 2