So, i'm thinking I should invest in a midi keyboard. I've got a USB interface right now (tascam US-144). Now i'm just assuming here, but i would just plug the midi out of the keyboard into the midi in of my interface. And viola, after the drivers, we're ready to go. I've got reason 4, so i have a fair amount of sounds at my finger tips.
What's going to get me something descent? i was thinking

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Oxygen61-61Key-Mobile-USB-Controller?sku=706312

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-61Key-USBMidi-Controller-with-Sounds-?sku=700677

Thoughts, experience, suggestions? Please leave a comment.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
bump?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
you dont even need an interface for those keyboards. just plug the USB from the midi controller to the computer, and voila. i personally use an 0xygen 8, its only 1.5 octaves, so i wish i had a bigger one. it works great though.
just make sure you have exccellent midi software, i recommend reason, but its harder than butt to learn. Logic is my go to all around music production software, it has great midi banks, easy to use effects, works great as a DAW, ect. ect.
take your time and learn everything, and have fun.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
you dont even need an interface for those keyboards. just plug the USB from the midi controller to the computer, and voila. i personally use an 0xygen 8, its only 1.5 octaves, so i wish i had a bigger one. it works great though.
just make sure you have exccellent midi software, i recommend reason, but its harder than butt to learn. Logic is my go to all around music production software, it has great midi banks, easy to use effects, works great as a DAW, ect. ect.
take your time and learn everything, and have fun.

I already have a DAW and all that.
I just want to plug it into my interface, because then i already have it, and can control it all from one place. And then i dont have to waste 2 USB ports on all that stuff.

And i dont see how this is the wrong fourm. There is no keyboard fourm
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
I already have a DAW and all that.
I just want to plug it into my interface, because then i already have it, and can control it all from one place. And then i dont have to waste 2 USB ports on all that stuff.

And i dont see how this is the wrong fourm. There is no keyboard fourm

i think he just meant put it in the riffs and recording forums.
but you wil probably get some lag if you put it through an interface. (maybe not though).
you really dont need an interface for it, since all it does is trigger changes in the sofware, no actual sounds are used "inside" the keyboard. plus MIDI is an interface, a Musical Instrument Digital Interface.
what DAW do you use? some dont have midi banks. midi keyboards (when used as a midi keyboard) dont have sounds on there own, there only controllers for sounds inside your computer software. so you need software that has some good usable sounds.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
i think he just meant put it in the riffs and recording forums.
but you wil probably get some lag if you put it through an interface. (maybe not though).
you really dont need an interface for it, since all it does is trigger changes in the sofware, no actual sounds are used "inside" the keyboard. plus MIDI is an interface, a Musical Instrument Digital Interface.
what DAW do you use? some dont have midi banks. midi keyboards (when used as a midi keyboard) dont have sounds on there own, there only controllers for sounds inside your computer software. so you need software that has some good usable sounds.

It won't be any more lag than what i get with my guitar, a whopping 11ms.
Ignore that i said the interface line, since you're stuck on that lol.

But yeah.
I've got quite a few daws. The one that i'll probably use it with most is reason. I've also got cubase, FL studio, and another one that i forget. I've been debating getting nexus too.
So really, i've got all that i need at the fingertips man. Don't worry bout me
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
well since you have it all figured out, what is the point of this thread?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
well since you have it all figured out, what is the point of this thread?

I don't have it figured out. but i do have my daw/software situation under control.

I only asked about the keyboard originally.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer