Im wanting to start create some music electronically as a side project and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about fruity loops. Do I need something like a synth or a midi keyboard to trigger the sounds or can it all be done on the computer? If the latter is the case Im all set

Also does anyone know if exporting midi melodies from GP and importing them into Fl is a possibility?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place! x
I've been here since '04.

Quote by rank-n-file
Don't use Fruity Loops, it sucks.

What program would you recc.?

I want something simple cause I dont start my music tech course until next month :/

Fl has synths already, you dont HAVE to have a keyboard.

and yes you can import MIDI files into FL.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I'm ridiculously disappointed you're not talking about the cereal.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by MedicreDemon
Fl has synths already, you dont HAVE to have a keyboard.

and yes you can import MIDI files into FL.

Thanks

That's me sorted! I'll delete this soon since my question is answered. But I'll leave it up for a while so you can see my appreciation

No everything can be done on computer.

It's a lot more fun and interactive with a synth though.

It's honeslty a lot easier as well with a keyboard in front of you.

But by no means is it required.
Quote by Just Andrew
I'm ridiculously disappointed you're not talking about the cereal.

+9999999999999999
Quote by NFFC_1865
Thanks

That's me sorted! I'll delete this soon since my question is answered. But I'll leave it up for a while so you can see my appreciation

If you're still looking for something better ( I use FL myself cause I can't figure out how to run cubase from a torrent) but you could try cubase. I know quite a few professionals use that.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by NFFC_1865
What program would you recc.?

I want something simple cause I dont start my music tech course until next month :/

I did the music tech course, if you're doing MIDI **** go for Logic but you can only get that on a Mac.
I think FL Studio is a very good program for beginners and even professionals. With some good synths/effects you can make some pretty professional sounding electronica.
Quote by Trowzaa
I immediately clenched my butthole after reading that...