I was playing someone's bass, i'm not exactly sure who's.... But, the strings were completely smooth, like, they were one solid piece of metal. And they felt like they were covered in plastic or something. What were they?
Possibly Flatwounds?
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
coated strings?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
hmm...it could be plastic covered flatwounds...my friend had this bass and i asked him why there were plastic covers on the strings and he said that the strings lasted him over a year so he used them
Flatwounds man, they feel good but I find that they need to be changed VERY often.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
flatwounds for sure. stick to rounds, they fit more places, imo.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by skasteve4356
roundwound strings. commonly found on upright basses

Other way round...
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by skasteve4356
roundwound strings. commonly found on upright basses

Faltwounds. If you put roundwounds on a fretless board that hasn't been coated then you'd chew the wood to hell.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Victory2134
Flatwounds man, they feel good but I find that they need to be changed VERY often.

flatwounds sound are supposed to sound dead, not brigth as roundwounds
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
music123.com has them, and BP Strings, NY has them (that guy knows EVERYTHING about guitar and bass strings. 5/5 service).

Quote by Ghost117
I was playing someone's bass, i'm not exactly sure who's.... But, the strings were completely smooth, like, they were one solid piece of metal. And they felt like they were covered in plastic or something. What were they?
flatwounds
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.