right now i have marshall mg yeah i know its crap---- im going to college soon so should i bring a 15 w tube amp to college so i can possibly jam with other guys loudly or should i just buy another small solid state modeling amp like roland microcube, bring that, and than buy a tube amp when im in college.
will a microcube sound much better than my MG?
cube>mg.

i wouldnt take a tube amp to a dorm, if i were you
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
or maybei could just get one of the vox little headset amps amplugs and bring a tube amp--- why not?
Quote by Rezuya
Easily stolen is probably the most likely reason.

Try too loud (yes, even those 15 watters, and the 5 watters as well.)
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
that and be considerate of others around you that possibly don't want to hear the guy next door playing on a cranked amp
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
why does everyone feel that if you have tube amp, you must crank it? im perfectly ok just using a pedal for low volume--- sure it wont sound as good but who cares?
Quote by Acquiescence
why does everyone feel that if you have tube amp, you must crank it? im perfectly ok just using a pedal for low volume--- sure it wont sound as good but who cares?

Have you ever cranked one?
because the roland microcube seems the most practical solution for someone in your situation
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by Rezuya
Have you ever cranked one?

yes my friends tiny terror it was really good but really loud--- i put it to clean and put pedal on it and it sounded ok and still quiet