I just installed a whammy bar today, and it's working great, besides some intonation issues. And I know there has been a hundred threads on this, but I'm going to ask some specific questions. Before I continue though, I applied graphite to the nut and it's working noticeably better, so I am pleased by that. Also, I have a Fender style tremolo system and I have an HSS Highway One Stratocaster.

1) Is there anything I can do with the springs that could make it not go out of tune as easy? I'm planning on changing my strings soon, and while they're off, I want to do some stuff down there.

2) Is there anything I can do with the bridge? Or anything another parts of the guitar?

I don't plan on getting locking tuners or any Floyd Rose systems or anything. I know a lot of guitar players that can get away with not having those, keeping their guitar almost entirely or entirely in tune after they perform a song. So any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
well...you can adjust the string height, using allan keys(if you got the right bridge)...but that won't help with the tuning
...Fender + Ritchie Blackmore = hours and hours of GREAT music and guitar execusions...
probably add some springs in the back for avoiding going out of tune. guitars usually have 3. get 5.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
put all 5 springs in or make sure the tremolo has equal tension from the springs, but im not sure how to do that. you could put some vasaline/graphite on the saddles and string tee, but i have schaller locking tuners from warmoth on my strat and they work great compared to the stock ones.
Quote by ldnovelo
probably add some springs in the back for avoiding going out of tune. guitars usually have 3. get 5.

That sounds like a good idea to me. How much would it help, because I don't want to chip away 15-20 dollars for something that wouldn't help drastically.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
you don't even need to do 5, I've done it with 3 on my friends Strat and it hasn't gone out of tune at all since i fixed it (2 months ago). you need to just adjust the spring tension until the bridge is against the body. Now you can do dive bombs and the trem will return to the "tuned point" every time.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400
Quote by TheReFiller
... I have a Fender style tremolo system and I have an HSS Highway One Stratocaster.

1) Is there anything I can do with the springs that could make it not go out of tune as easy? I'm planning on changing my strings soon, and while they're off, I want to do some stuff down there. ...

It has nothing to do with the springs. If it's going out of tune, chances are, it's your restringing method.

(Invalid img)

The Highway One has a very decent bridge and the tuners are close to bullet-proof.

id say more likely both
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400