Hi Pit, I come to you with a question. A question about bass drums. You see, I have seen many drummers from various bands use three, even four bass drums. This makes me wonder, Whats the point of it? Since you only have two feet, you cant possibly use the third one. Is there some sort of advantage to a triple bass drum that cannot possibly see since I have just started drums and the only "kit" i have is a Rock Band kit hooked up through a computer, or is it just for looks?

Thanks in advance.
-AeM

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
for most drummers its 1-for stage effect or 2-like mike portnoy he has different drums on each side of the kit/ different tunings/different bass drum sizes-so 2 different kits with 2 bass drums on each side.

Ok?!
Last edited by Cabron1 at Aug 31, 2008,
Most of the time (I believe) it is for drummers who have kits that completely surround them. They also have multiple snares and hit-hats. This way, they can rotate around on their throne to reach different drums and cymbols but still have the 3 essentials within reach from any point of the circle that is their kit.
afaik, it's so when you've got a giant drum set (ala Neil Peart), no matter what section of drumset you're facing, you'll always have easy access to one (or two, if needed) bass drums.
or you could rig a chain to the third drum to make it hit a sec or 2 after the first or second drum hmm..... good idea, gotta go try it soon
Quote by emery01

So now there's seven guys writhing around on the floor, moaning and holding their 'nads.

Ahh, good times.

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

Quote by riffmasterjosh
yeah right ur on. i challenge you to a beard off.
You want a beard, off?

Then shave, stuipid
Oh, it makes since now, thanks a lot. I guess I was confused because I first saw it in the Almost Easy Video by Avenged Sevenfold, but his wasnt all around him, he just kind of had them for looks i guess...

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Drummers thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881788&highlight=the+drummer+thread

To answer your question, basically people will use it for stage use, or even so they can get more toms in their set.

http://www.theduallist.com/

If you go to that site, you can read up on the Dualist Pedal.

They have videos, audio clips you can listen to seeing how it sounds with triple or quadruple beaters.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by an epic mistake
Oh, it makes since now, thanks a lot. I guess I was confused because I first saw it in the Almost Easy Video by Avenged Sevenfold, but his wasnt all around him, he just kind of had them for looks i guess...

yeah thats purely for show, because you couldnt and wouldnt need to switch to the other side of the kit.
Quote by brandon369852
Drummers thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881788&highlight=the+drummer+thread

To answer your question, basically people will use it for stage use, or even so they can get more toms in their set.

They have videos, audio clips you can listen to seeing how it sounds with triple or quadruple beaters.

Woah, we have a drum thread. I learned two things in one thread!

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by brandon369852
Drummers thread.

lol says drummers thread then gives a plethora of info to make sure everyone knows you know something about drums .

triple pedals are pointless because the skin doesnt have time to rebound. You can do anything with heel toe.
Quote by Cabron1
lol says drummers thread then gives a plethora of info to make sure everyone knows you know something about drums .

triple pedals are pointless because the skin doesnt have time to rebound. You can do anything with heel toe.

Or I didn't want to be an asshat like yourself and help him with the problem instead of just posting the link.

You're a douchebag.
Follow me on Twitter
i believe with a triple bass you can use one pedal with a heel-toe kick pattern to alternate between two bass drums and hit the third with a second pedal but i could be mistaken

but dave grohl uses one playing satan in tenacious d: POD. it said 666 across them
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Quote by brandon369852
Or I didn't want to be an asshat like yourself and help him with the problem instead of just posting the link.

You're a douchebag.

Touche Emo kid.

ive not been on UG for a while i didnt know there was one.
We use them for show, or diffetant sounds.

Thats pretty much it.
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Quote by Cabron1
Touche Emo kid.

You're an idiot. God, people like you are so fucking stupid.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
You're an idiot. God, people like you are so fucking stupid.

Pretty aggressive and without much composure...somewhat like your drumming on your mp3s.
Quote by Cabron1
Pretty aggressive and without much composure...somewhat like your drumming on your mp3s.

At least you're listening to them.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
At least you're listening to them.

I do a bit of teaching it wasnt too shocking IMO

Try:=

Rock Beat 1

H H H H
B----S
Quote by Cabron1
I do a bit of teaching it wasnt too shocking IMO

Try:=

Rock Beat 1

H H H H
B----S

but then every once in a while you need to throw in a little

H H H H H H H
B----S---B--B-S

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by an epic mistake
but then every once in a while you need to throw in a little

H H H H H H H
B----S---B--B-S

Or

H H H H
BBBBBBBBBB
S S S

Uh, it was too good for the computer to handle.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Aug 31, 2008,
Quote by brandon369852
Or

H H H H
BBBBBBBBBB
S S S

There is always that.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG