Hey

I get down easily about my playing but usually forget.. i'm sure we're all like this.. or at least most.

Anyway i've noticed that when standing up I can't play some chords. I can play the standard ones, major and minor shapes that are built on the basis of power chords but some other chords I can't do standing up..

for example
Taken from Opeth, the Drapery falls..

8-10-12-8-8-8 (chord)
then it moves down two frets and then its
7-6-6-8-6-6 and 7-6-6-10-6-6 alternating.

Excuse me if the chords are wrong..
But is it normal to not be able to stretch when standing, unless you have your guitar up extremely high... its very uncomfortable too.

Or is it just a few of us who can't do it the the strap even bellow our belly slightly, or lower than tummy area!

Thanks
David

Last thought..
These bands you see with their guitars and stuff really low.. I Doubt they even play complex chords other than power ones and maj/minors right? :P
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Raise the strap up if you have to twist your wrist around the neck to play a chord; its what I do.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

Adjust your strap so the length doesn't change sitting down or standing up. That's the best length for it, because standing up will no longer require your hand to move to a different position.
you are a honky and should adjust your strap to be wherever you feel comfortable withv it standing up; if it's a little longer than where your sitting down so be it. i do it every day. but keep in mind it's all about playabilty. btw i is semi drunk
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
Quote by Fuzzle
you are a honky and should adjust your strap to be wherever you feel comfortable withv it standing up;

Wtf???
Quote by Fuzzle
you are a honky

what?

I fail to see where nationality comes into play.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by Fuzzle
you are a honky and should adjust your strap to be wherever you feel comfortable withv it standing up; if it's a little longer than where your sitting down so be it. i do it every day. but keep in mind it's all about playabilty. btw i is semi drunk

LOL!! Epic! ^^
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar