so school started not to long ago. I haven't made new friends ina while and i kind of forgot how. In some of my classes, i have a whole lot of friends, but in some classes, im a loner. How should i get comfortable talking with other people. What should i talk to them about?
WHen i try to get a conversation going, it usually end withing 30 seconds and then it gets awkward because there's nothing else to talk about.
^i can't stop. the pit is too awesome. but i did come a lot less when school started. lots of homework.
ask them abt the mudkipz
Quote by emery01

So now there's seven guys writhing around on the floor, moaning and holding their 'nads.

Ahh, good times.

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

Quote by riffmasterjosh
yeah right ur on. i challenge you to a beard off.
You want a beard, off?

Then shave, stuipid
I just started at a new school.
It's fairly easy.
Find a mutual interest.
It's like Superman reading the teachings of Jesus. The two greatest musicians on Earth hath combined forces. I officially quit music, as it has reached it's zenith with that cover.
Usually you introduce yourself, learn a little about them, find a mutual interest and then discuss it. The most recent example I can give you from my life is from Friday night. I was with some friends and some people I had never met. Most of my friends left so I was alone with one friend and one guy I didn't know. We started talking about random things then BAM! Doctor Who comes up. That's hours of conversation right there.

"Hi, my name is _______"
"Oh hi, I'm _______"
"Cool, I don't think we've met, I'm still kinda new here"

Try that.
Last edited by blynd_snyper at Aug 31, 2008,
i dont know man it just seems awkward just go up and tell them " Hi, I'm "x" whats up"
Quote by shtiming
i dont know man it just seems awkward just go up and tell them " Hi, I'm "x" whats up"

Alright then try and meet new people when you're still with friends, that way you're not under the pressure of sustaining a direct 1 on 1 conversation with them.
just come up and say hi

dont be like me and go sit in a corner with your ipod and sunglasses....noone will talk to you !
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Get them to talk about themselves, I for one, never pass up a chance to talk about myself.

/big ego
Quote by blynd_snyper
Alright then try and meet new people when you're still with friends, that way you're not under the pressure of sustaining a direct 1 on 1 conversation with them.

problem is, i dont have friends in one of the classes i'm in.

^ How would i do that? Get them to talk about themselves, i mean.
Quote by shtiming
problem is, i dont have friends in one of the classes i'm in.

^ How would i do that? Get them to talk about themselves, i mean.

Appear to be open and interested. If there's a discussion in class then join in and listen to others, try your best to be funny without being arrogant or a dick.
No matter what you do, do not smack anyone on the side of the face. It's bad.
Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
at school a lot depends on whether you are presentable enough for whatever crowd you are hanging with. All the boys want to get laid, and if they hang out with losers or kids that look freakish then they will lessen the chances of them getting laid. If you are ugly just dress as cool/smart whatever you can, dont say too much and stay cool
How would i actually get the conversation started though? I feel like an annoying dick if i just wlak up to some one and start blabbing without a reason.