Hi.
I have been playing for almost 3 months .

I have currently have a
Gibson Les Paul Studio
and an Ibanez Rg2ex1

My amp is a Roland Micro Cube

I plan on buying this amp in the near future.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-...281-i1371514.gc

So that amp will give me the ability to get a nice bluesy tone.

but the thing is, all I currently play right now because I'm a begginer is songs by bands like

Avenged Sevenfold
Bullet For My Valentine
Atreyu
Coheed and Cambria
Once I get better I plan to play blues.

My birthday is coming up this month.
So, I'm going for that amp, and pedals for distortion.

Which distortion pedal should I get a distortion pedal to get an a7x tone?

and for multi-effects.

Vox Tonelab LE
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Ton...861-i1173697.gc

or
Line 6 POD XT Live Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-...829-i1124299.gc
mikemangone is online now Edit/Delete Message
What's your budget? You're better off getting an amp that has enough distortion for the music you play instead of trying to make a bad amp sound good. I'm not sure what the amp in that link was, but fender's aren't known for they're high gain sounds.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ok, but what's more important blues or metal? Because I don't think you'll get a good metal from any fender no matter what pedal you put in front of it.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Well metal would be important because that's pretty much all i play right now.

I plan on getting an Ibanez prestige probably in the next 6 months.

then i don't want to spend a lot of money equipment for a while.
To be honest, you already have a great amp for both metal and blues. Try mucking around with the Black Panel and Tweed settings on the microcube. The cube is already thought of as one of the best practise amps on this forum. If you want a bit more versitility, you could invest in a graphic EQ pedal.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
You have a gibson after 3 monthes?
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

yes. I have an alpine white les paul studio with gold hardware.

My friend who has been playing for a while says i need a tube amp to take full advantage of my les paul.
Who bought you the Gibson? Jesus Christ

Also, before its too late, the Crate V18 is a solid amp, and its for sale for $150 at GC, it takes multi effects/pedals very well.
Quote by Le_Bunny

haha my uncle got it for me as an early birthday/christmas present.

So now I want to get a nice amp to go with it and one of those multi effects pedals that on one is mentioning.
Depending on your effect pedal budget., the Boss Gt-10 is awsome.
Quote by Le_Bunny

TBH multi-effects aren't the greatest on tube amps, they kind of take away from the tube tone. And the gain on a tube amp would probably be better than most distortion pedals would be.

Have you checked out the Valveking? It's pretty versatile, can do Atreyu/A7X gain IMO, and also blues. And it's in your budget.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442
GEAR:
Crate V50 combo
Bad Monkey OD
Boss DS-1
Squier 20th Ann. Bullet (black on black, Gibson 500T pickup, Ping tuners)

Quote by crackereast
i'm going to call charmin and see if they will endorse me.
i use the **** out of there paper.
Quote by mikemangone
so a distortion pedal with the fender bad idea?

Yes. Save up and get yourself a decent tube amp.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Ok, but what's more important blues or metal? Because I don't think you'll get a good metal from any fender no matter what pedal you put in front of it.

Have you played sample 9 from the SCXD? It's a beautiful model selection, sounds very impressive for a fender. And the clean channel is the best I've ever heard on a modeling amp.

And what do you mean, no fender will sound good for metal no matter what you put in front of it? Their clean channels are the best in the market, and thus are the best to bring out the character of pedals.

He can switch from sample 9, which is perfect for his needs, to 4-5 and get some wicked blackface and tweed tones which sound BEAUTIFUL on my strat, and would certainly work wonders with his LP.

You can't sit there and tell me the XD is a bad amp. Its 300 dollars. For what it is, it's amazing, and this guy has been playing for 3 months. He doesn't need a hugeass tube amp, it takes so much practice to be able to play with control when there's that much power and volume at your fingertips.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Since you are a beginner I think getting a multieffect processor is the best thing for you because it would give you different tones and effects to work with. The Line 6 PodXT-live is an excellent example and is probably one of the best ones I have ever seen. Check it out.