I have a Jackson Kelly (pics in profile) and I want to make it my own, like unique. Any suggestions? I was thinking of painting the bevels white, and hopefully when I get the money a EMG 60 at the neck and EMG 81 at the bridge. The only thing is what to put in the left over space. Any other mod ideas are welcome too, not just paint scemes.
Well, a custom paint job is usually the first thing people will notice. I say put the mercs logo on it, under the bridge. How cool would that be man? A spade with a skull in the middle, M4 and RPG-7 crossing it?

Its an idea anyway.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Hope you know there's more to a custom finish than "painting your bevels white". You'll likely need to sand the whole finish down, then paint it white, then do the original cover, then spray several clear coats. Then there's the buffing and sanding...

It takes QUITE a bit of time. Just waiting for the finish to cure is a couple of months.
Ya, but my cousin used this paint for his guitar and it stuck to the original paint for a couple years now, without chipping or fading. So I gotta ask him what kinda paint he used.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Hope you know there's more to a custom finish than "painting your bevels white". You'll likely need to sand the whole finish down, then paint it white, then do the original cover, then spray several clear coats. Then there's the buffing and sanding...

It takes QUITE a bit of time. Just waiting for the finish to cure is a couple of months.

It can be... I waited a little over a week for my rattle-can lacquer to cure, I'm just careful with it.

(hey can you put back your other picture? The golfball one? I keep forgetting its you... haha)
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
^It was actually a practice baseball. I would, but I love Mog!

Quote by Sleepwalker 666
Ya, but my cousin used this paint for his guitar and it stuck to the original paint for a couple years now, without chipping or fading. So I gotta ask him what kinda paint he used.

Eh, not going to look real, IMO. It's going to look like you painted it on top of the finish...In other words - cheap. That's my two cents on it, anyway. When I do things, i want to do it right.
^ truth.

You can just sand off the clear coat I guess... but really it is always better to start from scratch.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
I can put the Merc 2 logo on my guitar though. I got this paper that lets you print your own stickers and stuff.
Well, stickers yeah they could work. But a glossy paint job would look so professional.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo