say if you go and get 1000-1100 bucks on amps then you want to buy a guitar would they knock 100 or 200 bucks off the listing price. Cause my dad said he probally will buy me and my bro a $500-$600 amp and i also want to get a new guitar since all i have is a squire that comes in one of those pack things.

also if i where to get a guitar should i get a less expensive guitar then change the pickups or get a guitar in my max price rance and then keep the pickups? sorry i dont know much
Last edited by guitarguyof1994 at Aug 31, 2008,
They won't knock off 100 bucks or more, trust me. However, be nice to the staff and go ahead and ask them if they could help you out a bit. Be honest with them, but don't try to push it too hard. Also, it depends a lot on how much YOU know and what you're actually BUYING.

I hardly ever ask for discounts to be honest, i just get them offered. I did though get about 30 dollars off my epiphone guitar (originally 600 dollars) since he was my friend's friend and stuff. Earlier this week i went back and got a Digitech JamMan looper pedal (300) and i was trying to get a better price on it (found it for 280 bucks on the internet and since they have a "lower price guarantee"... problem was that i had found it through amazon.com and they weren't sure whether to consider that as an authorized dealer). The salesman helping me out was about to say that she couldn't change it when the same guy from the guitar came by and told her to give me the 20 bucks off and sell me the pedal on display (it was still new, just out of the box for display behind a glass counter).

EDIT: Also, this works out better in smaller, local shops and pawn shops. I got my fender tele at a local pawn shop for $275 eventhough they were selling it at $300 and was only a year old. I do go in very often so they know me a bit and the salesperson couldn't really argue against me since i knew more about guitars than they did.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Aug 31, 2008,
Cash talks, especially in the mentioned smaller shops. Another thing is you can't expect more than 10%-15% unless it's used, but you need to know the going rate on ebay. Don't be afraid to walk out on a deal, or to come off as an ass by pointing out minor marks and stuff to get the price down. Having a relationship with one person (especially if it's a manager) helps too.
if you have cash then more than likely.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by CJRocker
Cash talks, especially in the mentioned smaller shops. Another thing is you can't expect more than 10%-15% unless it's used, but you need to know the going rate on ebay. Don't be afraid to walk out on a deal, or to come off as an ass by pointing out minor marks and stuff to get the price down. Having a relationship with one person (especially if it's a manager) helps too.

yep, i pointed out intonation and string problems and a small piece of chipped paint when i got my tele.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.