Hi and Hello first

I am redmania, new to this site, I have been playing for 18 months and love it. Was thinking of upgrading guitars and came across Gordon smith. Anyone have any info on them are you pleased with your purchase etc? Only so much of the website you can take.

Any info would be great.
what guitar do u have now ?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Gordon Smith are very solid guitars! Almost on par with Gibson i'd say - I think they are pretty expensive though, but if you've got the money they are worth it. I played a cheaper model and was very impressed, it was a thin bodied les-paul junior style single pickup guitar - it had a humbucker with a push/pull coil split so you can have single coil sounds - i think this was something the previous owner had added though. Still it was a very nice guitar

I also did live sound for a band whose lead guitarist had one of the more high-end models. It sounded great but i didn't get to play it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
At the moment I have a Ibanez SA series. The cheapest one, I can't stand it anymore and I am scrimping and saving for something else. I play it through a VOX AC15 Valvetronix.
i've liked the ones i've tried, but i hear that the QC isn't always all that amazing (a bit like gibson, lol). also, the basic models tend to be the best value, the prices shoot up for optional extras like, er, paint etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I really want one. They're not flashy, but they're great players. They're incredibly light. If I got one I'd get a really basic single pickup one.
What do you mean by light? As in weight or as in sound. I read that the graduate was like 10.5pnds!!!!!! I am thinking about getting the graduate slimline if thats the case.
yeah, it depends on the model.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a GS guitar, not too sure on the model though - i can't find it on their website. I love it though, ever since I picked it up in the shop it just "felt" right. So to answer your question, i've not once regretted my purchase, and i've had the guitar for about 6 months now.