What is the differents between tube amp,solid state amp and hybrid amps?

Please explain in clear details so i can understand.

penis!
Tubes have tubes... tubes are pretty

SS have transistors... transistors are transistory

Hybrids have both... both pretty and transistory

Elitists have Tube amps...

Everyone else have amps they like...

And isn't there a sticky for this info?

EDIT: In GG&A there IS a sticky for this...go there...NAO!
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by kimthekiller07
What is the differents between tube amp,solid state amp and hybrid amps?

Please explain in clear details so i can understand.

penis!

Tube amps make the use of tubes in both the pre-amp stage and the amplification stage, it's sort of a natural way to get the sound

Solid State amps make use of transistors and circuits in place of tubes to get the sound, these can sound digital and usually break up at high volumes

Hybrid amps make use of a tube in the pre-amp stage to somewhat shape the tone and then uses a transistor to do the rest of the work, it's a bit of a marketing gimmick though.
Quote by Shredder XXX
Elitists have Tube amps...

Everyone else have amps they like...

Yeah you're right I got a tube amp despite the fact that the solid state amps sounded much better than it.

/sarcasm
Quote by XianXiuHong
Tube amps make the use of tubes in both the pre-amp stage and the amplification stage, it's sort of a natural way to get the sound

Solid State amps make use of transistors and circuits in place of tubes to get the sound, these can sound digital and usually break up at high volumes

Hybrid amps make use of a tube in the pre-amp stage to somewhat shape the tone and then uses a transistor to do the rest of the work, it's a bit of a marketing gimmick though.

Kind of right.

A tube or valve amp used vacuum tubes (or thermionic valves if you're in the UK) in their amplification circuits to amplify the signal of a musical instrument or some other form of audio input. "Natural" is somewhat a misleading term because the only way to amplify audio naturally is by mechanical/physical means, not electronic.

Solid State or transistor amps use transistors to amplify audio input. It will have odd order harmonics and hard clipping when the signal gets distorted. Tube amps have even ordered harmonics and soft clipping, which to some is considered more musical.

Hybrid amplifiers use any combination thereof, be it a tube preamp and a transistor power amp, or a transistor preamp and a tube power amp. An example of the latter is the Spider Valve and the Vypyr Valve. A good example of the former is the Marshall Valvestate and a few different Ampeg amps. The Valvetronix uses a preamp tube as a mini power amp of sorts.
Everyone thinks they need a tube amp.

Not many are content with a SS.

Everyone else buys an ADxxVT and says they have a tube amp.

My current favourite is my frontman 212R with a Bad Monkey. I really like the tone I get out of it. It isn't Hot Rod deluxe spine tingling, but it's pretty freakin good for less than 1/3rd the cost.
Quote by imgooley
Kind of right.

A tube or valve amp used vacuum tubes (or thermionic valves if you're in the UK) in their amplification circuits to amplify the signal of a musical instrument or some other form of audio input. "Natural" is somewhat a misleading term because the only way to amplify audio naturally is by mechanical/physical means, not electronic.

Solid State or transistor amps use transistors to amplify audio input. It will have odd order harmonics and hard clipping when the signal gets distorted. Tube amps have even ordered harmonics and soft clipping, which to some is considered more musical.

Hybrid amplifiers use any combination thereof, be it a tube preamp and a transistor power amp, or a transistor preamp and a tube power amp. An example of the latter is the Spider Valve and the Vypyr Valve. A good example of the former is the Marshall Valvestate and a few different Ampeg amps. The Valvetronix uses a preamp tube as a mini power amp of sorts.

Thanks for the correction
What about... use the damn search bar for a chance, penis!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Tube amps use tubes, transistor amps use transistors. Hybrids are usually SS with a small tube section. Krank's hybrid has an all-tube preamp, SS power amp. VOX Valvetronix (and the Randall hybrids?) use a small tube section as a mini-power amp, in front of the true SS power amp.

Transistors distort more harshly then tubes... however this doesn't mean the one is always better/smoother then the other. A Tubescreamer is all transistors but distorts smoother then a starved-plate distortion tube distortion pedal.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2