Hey. I really need your help here.

What I need to do is get a grip on my playing again. Nowadays I play a scale without actually thinking what scale it is etc. I just play because I find it satifying. BUT. Now I want to get going again with some more theory etc.

I need some advice on what to learn. I will try to say what I can do.

I would see myself as an intermediate player mostly set in the pop/rock area....

*I think I can play smooth and nice with all fingers and feel comfident(?) with using the normal techniques like hammer on/pull of, bending, legato, muting and tapping and sweeping works well even if I dont use it very much, atleast not in a shreeding purpose

*I know of basic theory and can use it quite good so advancing in it shouldn't be a problem.
*I know of both major and minor and pentatonic major and minor scales but not much more than that.

Modes is something I already know that I should learn^^

soo... Any advice?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Try out some Satch, you need to be exactly right on the bends and vibrato, and it'll bring up your speed and give you more licks. Also gives you something to play and show off.
Sure, I'll give him a ago again^^ Gonna try out some of his more melancholy songs.(I like that kind of stuff) Maybe Memories... or something... sounds good?

And I'll just have to try "If I could fly"... gotta love that one
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Last edited by backtothe70s at Aug 31, 2008,