OK have any of you guys modded your Boss Ds-1s or at least know how to do it? Cuz i saw that keeley mod that seems to work great but i dont have the cash to get mine modded, so how's it done? What parts do i need, i have a soldering iron and that kinda junk...
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Search for kurtlives91's Ultimate DS-1 Mod thread. Tells you everything you need and gives you pretty much a step-by-step guide. All you need as far as tools is a soldering iron and solder.
I did lpaddict's synth mods off instructables, I did bends B and D, and when I plugged it in I didn't get any synth effects, I got a nice fuzz tone with more harmonic overtones with one switch, and a nice Angus Young less gain more volume full-bodied sound with the other.

The only downside was there was a hot component smell coming out my DS-1, the smell I usually associate with circuitbent circuits.
Quote by Meddled
The only downside was there was a hot component smell coming out my DS-1, the smell I usually associate with circuitbent circuits.

I love that smell...

And, just so this isn't total spam, are you sure you soldered it right?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Meddled
I did lpaddict's synth mods off instructables, I did bends B and D, and when I plugged it in I didn't get any synth effects, I got a nice fuzz tone with more harmonic overtones with one switch, and a nice Angus Young less gain more volume full-bodied sound with the other.

Synth mods? Where can I find these? They sound kinda cool.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by Strat_Monkey
I love that smell...

And, just so this isn't total spam, are you sure you soldered it right?

Hell no! I'm really bad with solders, it might be a cold solder for all I know. I never drilled the body to take the switches, so I took the mods off the board again.

Perhaps a better solder will be good, but I don't like heating up the original solder too much, as it might heatsink into hitherto unknown conponents?