I could've easily put this in the "Other" music forum, but I feel this is where it honestly belongs given the fact that the JnB forum is a lot more open minded, receptive and mature than the others on this site.

Anyway, for those of you who don't know who he is, Lalo Schifrin is an Argentinian composer and pianist, who's vast body of work stretches from scoring classical music, neuvo tango, to jazz (working with such greats such as Dizzy Gillespie). Also he is probably one of the most prolific film music composers in the history of Western cinema since the late 60s and early 70s. Of the most recent of his film scoring that I can recollect would be the entire music for "Rush Hour 3" :p

However, one of his seminal film compositions was for an equally iconic film, "Enter the Dragon" (**** yeah), starring Mr. Bruce Lee. For those who haven't seen the film, I consider ya'll doomed. For those who have, you know what I'm talking about. I've been an avid acid jazz enthusiast since the last couple of years or so, and have kept tracing it's roots back to the music from late 60s and early 70s "spy movies" as well as some soul/funk greats like Curtis Mayfield. The OST to "Enter the Dragon" was probably the definitive blueprint for modern acid jazz. I would highly encourage everyone here to get hold of the OST for the movie whichever way possible. This is some of the grooviest, trippiest, most hip music that you'll hear, blending in classical arranging, jazz instrumentation, authentic Chinese timbres (at times), into this full on groovy space symphony!

also, I mentioned above that he's one of the proponents of the neuvo tango style, and for people who are unacquainted with the genre, it's basically traditional tango fused with neoclassical (in the traditional sense of the word) and jazz elements. An example of the music can be heard on the original soundtrack to the Richard Linklater movie "Waking Life" which is performed by the Tosca Tango Orchestra and composed by Glover Gill. I think people here would dig that too.

peace,
S.
Links?

Sounds like my kind of stuff. I'm a big Bruce Lee fan. (random, I know)
Mission Impossible, Dirty Harry, etc.

I love his soundtracks. They're so... alive.