if there is a list of easy sweeping shapes could someone send them to me, thanks... oh and for sweeping you go in a downstroke all the way down, then up, and practice till your fast, right?
you really really need to click this, and register: Music forum
yea, but you don't need to go all the way, depends on the sweep. (Ex. Bat Country (A7x) solo only uses the four highest strings). But yea, for practicing, working on all the strings is probably a good idea, and if you're just practicing how to sweep, you can sweep a bar chord.
They're the same shapes as chords. Start with 3 string sweeps, and once you get the hang of the technique, move onto more strings.

I think getting the right technique is the hardest part. It has to be one fluid motion, rather than consecutive downstrokes. Also, you have to let go of every not right after playing it to avoid them ringing out.
but barreing a chord and sweeping it sounds boring it sounds the same its gotta sound unique =]
you really really need to click this, and register: Music forum
Quote by Xx Death xX
but barreing a chord and sweeping it sounds boring it sounds the same its gotta sound unique =]

You're not supposed to bar it when you sweep, that's the whole point
haha. don't worry about uniqueness until you can actually DO it. sashki's probably right about starting with 3 strings and working your way up. once you got four, you can try the Bat Country sweep if you like, but I really do recommend chords to start off with, and if you want to be unique, using a list of sweeps that's been published on the internet by someone else isn't very unique. try making your own sweeps after awhile, it's not as hard as you may think.
if you know music theory (like 1 3 5 7 9etc.) then you can actually figure out the shapes really easily

for me what i did was start with all of the open chords' shapes (E A C G D) and then just started from there (im not talking about just making the chord shape and then playing all the strings. im talking about finding the starting note (1) and then the third whether major or minor (3) and etc.)

for example an E major sweep on the 12 fret looks very much like the Emaj7 bar chord shape but there are a few more notes

----------------------------11-12
-------------------------12-------------------
---------------------13----------------------
-------------13-14----------------------------
-----11-14------------------------------------
-12-------------------------------------------

i hope this gives u a clue as to what to do
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.