Ive had my heart set on the squier for ages but Ive known two people with the schecter and Ive loved both(both the schecters ).
What Im thinkin also is it better to have a stick to a bass with a bigger neck(I currently play a jazz copy) so I can adapt easier to both if I have to or go for the comfort of a smaller neck
Also in terms of value which would be better,because if I could get the squier for a close price to the squier Id certainly consider it! The cheapest Ive seen the squier is £210 at soundslive but Im guessin the schecter is around £300
Any suggestions?
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Antares 12 String Acoustic
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
they're both good basses, my advice is to try both of them and see which feels nicer to you
Guitar
Ibanez - S5470F
Epiphone - Les Paul Black Beauty
Line 6 - Spider II 210 - deceased :/
Blackstar HT studio 20
Farida D-8

Bass
Fender MIM Jazz
Ashdown ABM C115T-500 EVO II
Yeah Ive played both,probablies played the schecter more and in fairness its probablies a better bass,but more expensive and i need a bass sooner rather than later.
How do the other stilleto 4's compare to the squier,I mean other peoples opinion of them.
Also like I said in terms of value which is better?
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
the schecter, the schecter, oh good god get the schecter, I have a C-4 and it's basically the same thing as a stiletto just a different look, I love it
play both. the fanboy patrol is a group of people insistent on you joining them. resist just following play both. I have a Schecter too (Elite 5) but it really just depends what you plan to do, what you play, what kinda feel you want.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Yeah I really really like the schecter but Ive always played a jazz of some sort.
Ive seen upgrades people have done with the squier jazz and its impressive
I seen this video on youtube and that pretty much won it for me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTSN0gxD8fc&feature=related
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
If you're comfortable with the feel of the jazz and like the sound of it, you should get it. Plus it's cheaper.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Crazy Toad
i need a bass sooner rather than later.

Don't take that attitude. It's much more worth it in the long run to save up and get one good bass that will be worth keeping later on than to keep buying cheap ones. With that in mind, I'd choose the Schecter. Or, you could get a standard jazz bass. Another option, if you really prefer the look of the VM jazz, is get it and upgrade the electronics and bridge etc (especially the pickups). The advantage to that is that you can get an OK bass now and gradually upgrade it as you get more money.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
im a scheter owner and fan but i will agree with you on the necks. its alot different if you are used to playing on a bigger neck. and there 4 strings are insanely tiny to me even though i play the 5 elite. if you fine with the neck and the price range isnt to much of a gap than get the scheter. if you dont really like the necks. you might get used to it or not. also it will last you a good while. for the squier i will say if you really like it and its not going to be your gigging bass or anything and you just want a bass that can get you the feel of a good one to practice.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Quote by kugelspot
Don't take that attitude. It's much more worth it in the long run to save up and get one good bass that will be worth keeping later on than to keep buying cheap ones. With that in mind, I'd choose the Schecter. Or, you could get a standard jazz bass. Another option, if you really prefer the look of the VM jazz, is get it and upgrade the electronics and bridge etc (especially the pickups). The advantage to that is that you can get an OK bass now and gradually upgrade it as you get more money.

Just remember that to an extent, Price=/=Quality, a lot of people say that the VM jazzes are better than the Fender standard Jazzes.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
If you like the Schechter better then get the Schechter. Don't waste your money on a bass you don't actually want just because you can get a week or two sooner.
Quote by Zycho
If you like the Schechter better then get the Schechter. Don't waste your money on a bass you don't actually want just because you can get a week or two sooner.

Sorry but it's Schecter.
/grammar nazi
Quote by guitarhero_764