How do I get rid of fret buzz on a les paul?? The frets only buzz on the first and open frets
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
you have to raise the action
i have a les paul that fuzzes on the higher frets on just the g and b strings
but i dont know how to fix it
how do i do that on a les paul bridge?
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Open strings buzzing may be caused by the nut slots being cut too deep. Fret the strings around the third fret or so and see what kind of gap exists behind your fingered note at the firts fret crown to the bottom of the string. You should be totally clear of the fret crown and possibly pass a pick thru the clearance.
Moving on.....
same problem. I just picked up a Epi Les Paul custom, it was used, i haven't really set it up to my liking yet but I'm having a little trouble getting rid of this fret buzz on the open low e string. When I up pick it doesn't buzz, when I down pick it does. I tried raising the action and I have it pretty high up (bridge), it does buzz less but I still get the buzzing. Thing is, on the high E and B the action is set pretty low and it plays beautifully. I tried raising it only on the low end and the freaking bridge is on a complete diagonal at this point. I know this isn't the problem. The main problem is at the 1/2nd fret on the low E string because it is extremely close to the fret...i can hardly fit a dime in there.