I was wondering whether I should get a guitar with a Floyd Rose and I thought you guys could help. Here are my questions:

1. How long would it take a Floyd Rose to wear out? (People tell me the knife edges wear out over time)

2. Would an Original last longer than a licensed?

3. How much better is an Original than Licensed?

Thanks guys...Hopefully it wasn't too many questions!
*removed*
OFRs and high end Ibanez trems are usually considered the best ones. Schaller make good licensed ones.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
i just bought a Jackson SL-3 used 2001 that the guy claimed to have an orij Frose but actually has a jackson licensed and let me tell you, it is really pissing me off, can't pull up too much and tuning stability is, as of now, non existent
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Well generally Schaller and OFR's are the best cos Schaller make them AND their own. Either which way an Edge Pro comes a distant 3rd and the rest arent worth mentioning
The one legged chickens from outer space made me do it!
Does anybody know how long they last? Have they worn out on anybody here?
*removed*
Basically, the best FR's are: Gotoh LFR, OFR, Schaller LFR, original Edge, Lo pro edge, and the Edge Pro. The last three are also made by Gotoh, so they should have similar quality to the Gotoh LFR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Maggot4eva
Well generally Schaller and OFR's are the best cos Schaller make them AND their own. Either which way an Edge Pro comes a distant 3rd and the rest arent worth mentioning

+ Lo pro edge, although supposedly you can't pull up as much. I have a lo pro with gold hardware from 1993, everything about the trem is in amazing shape.
the trem, if it is new should last 10 years. The best trems are the Ibanez Lo Pro and the Original Edge. They just blow the OFR out of the water.
2009 Engl Powerball 100watt
1985 Marshall 1960a 4x12 with G12-65s
1989 Ibanez 540S LTD DY
2006 Epiphone G-400